Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Gordon Brown

Author Topic: Gordon Brown  (Read 4048 times)

liberalLes

Gordon Brown
« on: Jul 14, 2009, 12:14 »
Gordon Brown retired from DOE passed away this morning at 1:30 of congestive heart failure.  He was loved by many and will be missed. My prayers are with Colleen and his family.

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
Re: Gordon Brown
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 2009, 05:41 »
Les,
      Gordon Brown was a jovial bloke. He was a bulldog at work while employed as a DOE rep., but when the bell sounded he knew how to tip one back and let the problems of the day roll off his shoulders. I spent many nights with Gordon and his wife at the pubs near my house. He was always the loudest and the one with the biggest smile. Open the doors up there, Lord. Fernald is sending you another one.

It is a sad day for all of us that were involved with this man at Fernald. Love ya, Gordo. Colleen, stay strong....... :'(

liberalLes

« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2009, 05:56 »
Shawn and I had dinner with Gordon and Colleen as often as possible. He was big old bear...gruff on the outside with a heart of gold.  I haven't heard anymore about the services but Shawn said that Colleen and Gordon had already made the plans.

RNN

« Reply #3 on: Jul 14, 2009, 07:55 »
I was lucky enough to have met Gordon at Fernald, I'm sorry to hear of his passing and my prayers go out to his family.

RNN

Offline Dee_Davis

• Very Lite User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #4 on: Jul 16, 2009, 11:25 »
I work with Gordon at Fernald for about 16 yrs. He was one of the few DOE guys you could take a problem to that took the time to correct the situation. Last time I saw Gordon, he told me him and his wife were going to the Key's. Hope they made it.
Gordon always talked to you when every you saw him, always had a joke to tell and a smile on his face. He will be sadly missed by his friends.

My prayers goes out to his family.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?