Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Great Training Week honeypot

Author Topic: Great Training Week  (Read 12982 times)

thenuttyneutron

Re: Great Training Week
« Reply #25 on: Aug 14, 2009, 08:05 »
I wish I could go visit a BWR simulator and see these differences.  I would actually like to see some casualties on a BWR.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #26 on: Aug 14, 2009, 08:38 »
Come on down! We are in there 4 nights a week.  :P

I have to update the worst thing I experienced so far. Yesterday, I experienced (as CRS) a fire in both the 2B and 2D RHR pump rooms while HPCI was running in CST to CST with a loss of one of my start up sources and a failure of 2 emergency buses. I was down to two core spray pumps for make up and 2 level indicators. :( But it was only worse at the time because of the 5 million alarms I had due to all the bus outages. In retrospect, and having now experienced it, it wasn't that bad. Just felt weird standing there waiting for level to get to -172 so I could blow down and inject because it took forever.

For me, there is still nothing like trying to maintain reactor level -195 to -172 during a full power ATWS with no turbine.  :P
« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2009, 08:40 by JustinHEMI »

Fermi2

« Reply #27 on: Aug 14, 2009, 10:34 »
Nutty Neutron,

Wanna go up to Fermi and watch some simulator drills? I can get you a contact and help you get in to watch.

Mike

thenuttyneutron

« Reply #28 on: Aug 15, 2009, 12:33 »
Mike,

Detroit is not too far away.  I could go check it out during a long off.

Fermi2

« Reply #29 on: Aug 15, 2009, 12:48 »
Dave LOL! Sorry

Neutron, it's about 30 miles south of Detroit, in Newport about 22 miles north of Toledo.

Mike

M1Ark

« Reply #30 on: Aug 15, 2009, 12:50 »

For me, there is still nothing like trying to maintain reactor level -195 to -172 during a full power ATWS with no turbine.  :P

Level 0 = -172
2/3 core height= =195

Just wondering.

Fermi2

« Reply #31 on: Aug 15, 2009, 12:55 »
Fermi's level indication actually made sensde since everything was referenced to TAF so anything above TAF was a positive number. I believe -172 is TAF and -195 is whatever the lowest number was at Fermi after a Terminate and Prevent.

Mike

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?