Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nuke Deppers, Ship Dates, and Stories honeypot

Author Topic: Nuke Deppers, Ship Dates, and Stories  (Read 321309 times)

RAD DAD

Re: Nuke Deppers and their Ship dates
« Reply #50 on: Feb 21, 2006, 01:11 »
FEBRUARY 22 !!!
Well I started this thread about my son leaving in July but he has been moved up to the day after tomorrow!! February 22!
HERE WE GO!!! or I guess "Here he goes" would be more accurate.

longball4414

« Reply #51 on: Feb 21, 2006, 02:46 »
Wow! What a move. I hope he's prepared himself well enough since the date was moved up. I wish him goodluck.

THEDUKEOFNUKE06

« Reply #52 on: Feb 21, 2006, 10:46 »
Im Leaving the same date.  Im Flying out of Tampa airport

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #53 on: Feb 21, 2006, 11:00 »
FEBRUARY 22 !!!
Well I started this thread about my son leaving in July but he has been moved up to the day after tomorrow!! February 22!
HERE WE GO!!! or I guess "Here he goes" would be more accurate.

I wish him luck, and offer my thanks for his service to his country.

Chuman

« Reply #54 on: Mar 17, 2006, 08:36 »
Back to the topic   ;)

I'm shipping out sept 12th, decided to have the summer for myself. My last bit of civilian fun heh.

Wow nice, I ship out september 12th too! I'm sure I'll probably see you there. But until then, Im just gonna enjoy my summer vacation.

LaFeet

« Reply #55 on: Mar 17, 2006, 10:30 »
At least I am not the only one whose date of departure is changing... Calvert Cliffs is hanging on to me for some silly reason

namesdontmatter

« Reply #56 on: Mar 18, 2006, 09:34 »
Greetings all.

Figured I would use this thread as an introduction post. My name is Shane Buck, and I'm 20 years old. I'm married, and currently working at a job I'm afraid will offer me very few benefits in the years to come. When I took the ASVAB and did some research, my wife and I decided that Navy Nuke was for me. I just hope for a lot of training, experience, discipline, and education I can use in civilian life (Not to mention the health and education benefits for my wife and future children.)

My ship date is November 14, but the Nuke Recruiter at MEPS in San Diego told me that he wants to try to get me a seat in earlier.

My mother found this website while she was searching around for information on Navy Nukes. After she showed me it, I was sure I had to live here a while and get some facts.

Anyway, sorry for the long introduction. I'll be seeing you all around :)

--Would a rose, by any other...?

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #57 on: Mar 18, 2006, 05:53 »

Anyway, sorry for the long introduction. I'll be seeing you all around :)

--Would a rose, by any other...?

And your question was what?

LaFeet

« Reply #58 on: Mar 18, 2006, 08:39 »
And your question was what?
I dont think he actually had any question, just the facts and a few opinions.....

Anyhow,  Hello Shane and good luck

namesdontmatter

« Reply #59 on: Mar 19, 2006, 03:45 »
Sorry if I gave the impression that I had a question right away.

--Would a rose, by any other name...?

longball4414

« Reply #60 on: Apr 17, 2006, 11:25 »
Wow nice, I ship out september 12th too! I'm sure I'll probably see you there. But until then, Im just gonna enjoy my summer vacation.

Awsome

navynuke21

« Reply #61 on: Apr 19, 2006, 10:18 »
I ship out May 15. I've been a depper since November. Now that my ship date is closing in, this anticipation is killing me, I'm ready to get recruit training over with. Looking forward to being in Charleston though. I live nearby in Savannah, GA. I've gone up there a few times and its a great place.

Fermi2

« Reply #62 on: Apr 19, 2006, 11:31 »
Calling yourself navynuke21 before you've even been to boot camp is a bit quick on the draw don't ya think?

Mike

navynuke21

« Reply #63 on: Apr 20, 2006, 09:14 »
Calling yourself navynuke21 before you've even been to boot camp is a bit quick on the draw don't ya think?

Mike

I'm just trying to be optimistic

Fermi2

« Reply #64 on: Apr 21, 2006, 12:29 »
I'm just trying to be optimistic

LOL Fair enough! Good Luck!

THEDUKEOFNUKE06

« Reply #65 on: Apr 21, 2006, 02:25 »
JUST GRADUATED BOOT CAMP TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on  my way to south carolina on wednesday!  Great Mistakes is Over! dont have much time right now the hotel internet is expensive!   charleston here i come!

Fermi2

« Reply #66 on: Apr 21, 2006, 02:32 »
CONGRATS!! Enjoy South Carolina!

There are hotels that still charge for the internet?

Heck find a Holiday Inn and use their internet! Many have computers scattered all over the place!

Mike

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #67 on: Apr 21, 2006, 02:57 »
Free in the "Business Center" and quite handy free computer access for guests.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Zach

« Reply #68 on: Apr 24, 2006, 11:45 »
I leave on June 13th 2006 for boot camp.

dadofnuke

« Reply #69 on: Apr 24, 2006, 03:39 »
My son leaves November 14th.  I was in the Navy 5 years in the 80's, so I have a little advice for bootcamp for my son.  All advice given here is right on.

RAD DAD

« Reply #70 on: Apr 29, 2006, 09:54 »
JUST GRADUATED BOOT CAMP TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on  my way to south carolina on wednesday!  Great Mistakes is Over! dont have much time right now the hotel internet is expensive!   charleston here i come!

Duke. I gotta ask you a question. My son Graduated Boot with you. Div 138 and he was Grad and Go. He is in Charleston now. I may have met you but if you are interested Send me a message. I will tell you who he is. I guess you start classes Monday too. Good luck.

taterhead

« Reply #71 on: Apr 30, 2006, 11:48 »
Exciting times for all of you guys.  NNPS and NPTU were great times for me.

Hope to see you all in the (surface) fleet in a couple of years or less! 8)

Offline Bighouz107501

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #72 on: Apr 30, 2006, 08:21 »
Well all I know is I cannot wait to leave and have this experience...I leave on July 11th...I'm excited, but it's weird seeing everything and your life change as time winds down, ie.....friends, family, girlfriend. just daily things knowing that you only have a little over 2 months left to enjoy them daily...I know I'll miss everything but this is something I cannot wait to do...I'm sure you all had these same things go in and out of your head nearing your ship date.

WarKrisMagic

« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2006, 11:21 »
November 1st for me.. gotta long wait ahead.. long summer though  ;D

DarkMesa8

« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2006, 05:53 »
12 more days!  Woohoo!   ;D  ;D  ;D

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?