Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nuke Deppers, Ship Dates, and Stories
honeypot

Author Topic: Nuke Deppers, Ship Dates, and Stories  (Read 321124 times)

Offline eaton1981

• Moderate User
Re: Nuke Deppers, Ship Dates, and Stories
« Reply #500 on: Jun 27, 2012, 10:24 »
Hmm. Did you even TRY to use the search function? Google can help you regarding RTC. Also, google "NNPTC" and "how to do independent research on the interwebs" or "using search functions."

Oneironaut

« Reply #501 on: Jun 27, 2012, 12:34 »
Hmm. Did you even TRY to use the search function? Google can help you regarding RTC. Also, google "NNPTC" and "how to do independent research on the interwebs" or "using search functions."
Yes, I did, these aren't exactly things like "oh no how many pushups am I gonna have to do I'm so scared," they're very particular. But, thank you for the warm response on my first post.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #502 on: Jun 27, 2012, 01:08 »
Yes, I did, these aren't exactly things like "oh no how many pushups am I gonna have to do I'm so scared," they're very particular. But, thank you for the warm response on my first post.

So is that the Gen Y translation of "you failed to penguin feed me to MY satisfaction" ?!?

If your search only consisted of reading eaton1981's 33 posts to date, you would already have insight as to Nuke school, study habits, post-Navy college goals and how to land a nuclear job after a successful enlistment.

Way to go on the social networking!  >:(
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2012, 01:09 by HydroDave63 »

Offline Dpate.dp

• Lurker
« Reply #503 on: Jul 01, 2012, 04:13 »
I assume this is the correct place to post this. I ship 20130226, I signed my contract on 20120530, and I made a 99 on the asvab, which seems to be pretty normal. I don't really have any questions, thanks to the wonderful search bar. However, since I had to join the forum to use the search bar I figured that I might as well post something somewhere.

Offline HighOctane23

• Light User
« Reply #504 on: Jul 11, 2012, 12:55 »
Finally got my contract to reclass over to NF yesterday. I'm so glad it's all been confirmed after all this time (started this whole process last November, about 7.5 months ago). I will be waiting for quite a bit longer though as my new ship date is now April 15th, 2013. Seems likes like forever, but what the heck, hurry and wait right? Good news is I'min and everythings good to go. I just hope nothing appens between now and then that prevents me from shipping since there's way too much time for something to go wrong. I feel like I need to stay inside and not go anywhere until then just to minimize any risk of something happening, lol.

HeavyD

« Reply #505 on: Jul 26, 2012, 07:59 »
Be safe and more importantly, don't be stupid anymore.

That will get you "relieved" of any contract you currently have with the Navy.

Best of luck and thank you for volunteering ;D

Offline samakb

• Very Lite User
« Reply #506 on: Jul 26, 2012, 08:25 »
You bet, all is in the past and only looking towards a better future.  Thanks for the kind words HeavyD!  8)

conidn

« Reply #507 on: Aug 24, 2012, 04:10 »
Woohoo! Looks like I will be one of you guys soon.
I just got my nuke contract all squared away. Thank goodness, because it has been a stressfull couple of months.
I went to MEPS in early July. Before I left my recruiter told me he wanted me to sign a different job since we didnt have my high school transcripts. I was reluctant but I did it. A few weeks after that I got a letter in the mail stating I had to go back to MEPS to talk with a doctor about some test results. Turns out my HIV test came back indeterminate. They redrew my blood that day. I did not get the results from this test until three weeks after, but it came back negative this time. It was because I was getting over some illness the first time, I believe.
Finally got my new contract today.
Originally I was schedule to leave January 17th(this was with an AECF rate), now I am scheduled to leave May 21. It should be worth the wait, and I will just finnish my degree.

Offline Styrofoam

• Moderate User
« Reply #508 on: Aug 24, 2012, 06:53 »
Woohoo! Looks like I will be one of you guys soon.
I just got my nuke contract all squared away. Thank goodness, because it has been a stressfull couple of months.
I went to MEPS in early July. Before I left my recruiter told me he wanted me to sign a different job since we didnt have my high school transcripts. I was reluctant but I did it. A few weeks after that I got a letter in the mail stating I had to go back to MEPS to talk with a doctor about some test results. Turns out my HIV test came back indeterminate. They redrew my blood that day. I did not get the results from this test until three weeks after, but it came back negative this time. It was because I was getting over some illness the first time, I believe.
Finally got my new contract today.
Originally I was schedule to leave January 17th(this was with an AECF rate), now I am scheduled to leave May 21. It should be worth the wait, and I will just finnish my degree.
I'm glad to hear you got a ship date. :)

To update my story, I graduate from A school next month. I'm excited about getting some time off to visit family. :)

Offline patrickodang

• Light User
« Reply #509 on: Nov 05, 2012, 12:30 »
Ship date got moved from 20130108 to 20121114!

Leaving next week! unfortunately i will be away for christmas/thanksgiving, but man i have been waiting for 7 months so I am ready to leave right now...

Offline NukaTex

• Very Lite User
« Reply #510 on: Nov 05, 2012, 11:33 »
Currently dep'd on an MT contract, waiting for a waiver to come back so I can make a DEP Action Request to get my Nuke contract. My MT ship date is 2013 03 14, & my recruiter says that my nuke contract will push me back around June or July.
« Last Edit: Nov 05, 2012, 11:34 by NukaTex »

Offline Leo_Man12

• Lurker
« Reply #511 on: Nov 13, 2012, 06:59 »
Hi I figured this was as good a place for a first post as any, I depped in 20120213 and I leave 20121211 for Great Lakes. I know it's going to suck being there in december (what with the cold and spending christmas away from my wife and son) but I honestly cannot wait to get there because the sooner I do the sooner I see them.

This site had answered so many questions for me that I've told every potential nuke at the NRC about it. Thank you guys for all the information and laughs.

Offline NukaTex

• Very Lite User
« Reply #512 on: Dec 06, 2012, 08:32 »
I would love to be leaving for RTC right now. Consider yourself Lucky :) I finally got approved for my DAR & reclassed to Nuke on Dec. 05 2012. My ship date moved back from March 14 2013 to Sept. 09 2013. That's a whole year after I first spoke to my recruiter  >:( He told me that after holiday leave, we can submit a roll-in DAR to leave ASAP, which I have been wanting to do for two months. I guess I'll just keep going over my PQS guide, reading books & playing the same old video games until I ship.

Offline G-man

• Lurker
« Reply #513 on: Dec 10, 2012, 01:14 »
I have been reading through these forums for the last six months and have learned a great deal but never posted.

My ship date is 20121211 so it looks like some of us will be at Great Lakes at the same time.

Again, thanks to everyone who has been through the Nuke program being here for us who are about to start down this big chapter of life.

Offline DadofMM-ELT

• Light User
« Reply #514 on: Dec 13, 2012, 12:34 »
Greetings DEPers!

Another temporal data point for you: son of DadOfFutureNuke, who will finish ELT school in mid-January, just got his orders (to the Maryland). He'll "hit the fleet" (Maryland has just begun a refueling and overhaul) almost exactly 3 years from when he DEPped in. 

So be patient, stay (or get) in shape, and you too could be assigned to a submarine that's not going anywhere for 3 years.  ;)

Malakoku

« Reply #515 on: Feb 10, 2013, 06:53 »
Hey future sailors! I leave in March 4, 2013 (3 weeks from today). Really excited about it, I've learned a lot here in nukeworker, I'm gonna pick MM. If you leave close to my date and we'll be in the pipeline at the same time feel free to send me an email.

Good luck!

Offline NukaTex

• Very Lite User
« Reply #516 on: Feb 10, 2013, 07:04 »
You leave in a month? Lucky. I signed on in October & I don't leave until September. Been in DEP for 5 months.

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #517 on: Feb 10, 2013, 11:41 »
You leave in a month? Lucky. I signed on in October & I don't leave until September. Been in DEP for 5 months.

Use the time you have to hang out with friends, family, and enjoying yourself. No point stressing about a date you can't control.

Stay out trouble, don't worry about studying either. Relax and enjoy yourself. This applies to all of you deppers.

Offline Styrofoam

• Moderate User
« Reply #518 on: Mar 01, 2013, 01:01 »
hey guys. been a while. I'm reclassing to LS. I failed an official PDA so they kicked me out. of the nuke program. after some thought I figure it'll be best for me. illstill login sometimes cause instill have info to give.

Offline NukaTex

• Very Lite User
« Reply #519 on: Mar 01, 2013, 01:47 »
what's a PDA? Now i'm scared...

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #520 on: Mar 01, 2013, 07:50 »
what's a PDA? Now i'm scared...

P ublic
D isplay of
A ffection

or

a physical fitness assessment.

MacGyver

« Reply #521 on: Mar 01, 2013, 09:59 »
hey guys. been a while. I'm reclassing to LS. I failed an official PDA so they kicked me out. of the nuke program. after some thought I figure it'll be best for me. illstill login sometimes cause instill have info to give.

Sorry to hear.  I don't need the details.  It would probably be in your best interest not to share them in pm either.  Just my 2 cents.

For those that don't know, LS is logistics support.  Think store keeper (sk) plus postal clerk.

Thank you for the update.

Mac

Offline FloridaNuke95

• Lurker
« Reply #522 on: Apr 03, 2013, 12:00 »
I've read through these forums for a while now and this is my first official post. I DEPed in back in February as a nuke and I ship out to Great Lakes on October 29th, if anyone else has this date let me know!

Offline A Random ETN1

• Very Lite User
« Reply #523 on: Apr 09, 2013, 09:00 »
Have fun. Honestly boot camp is all a mind game and it is pretty easy. if no one has told you your path after boot camp. here it is: Boot camp -> "A" school -> maybe T track to wait to class up for power school -> Power school -> 1 week to 1 month of leave to get to prototype -> prototype -> if you are a SPU (staff pickup) or a mechanic who gets picked up for ELT you stay at prototype a little longer --> if you arent a spu or elt then you transfer from prototype and depending what rate maybe design school, WIFCOM, pplan or some other kind of additional school --> sub or aircraft carrier --> if reenlisted then after your sub or aircraft carrier command you have lot of options but varies with if you get watch supervisor qualified and supervisory NEC if you qualify watch supervisor at first sea command lot of billets open up.

Offline dolphinstroke

• Lurker
« Reply #524 on: May 11, 2013, 07:47 »
Hello everyone!

A good ole wide-eyed, naive, and bushy-tailed depper! DEP'd in Dec.4, 2012, shipping May 2013 as lil spooky CTN. February, got waived through and now a NUC shipping off Dec. 3, 2013! A whole year wait to join the service, but spending time mentally, physically, and academically prepare myself; grinding over my greatest mistake in life :D (with all due sarcasm!)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?