Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Training and testing questions
honeypot

Author Topic: Training and testing questions  (Read 55153 times)

iamarine

Training and testing questions
« on: Apr 02, 2004, 10:40 »
Hello, I am currently employed at a nuclear plant as a deconner/laborer.  I was curious on how I would go about getting certain training to become an HP tech.  The operatoring company of the plant is downsizing the work force so many of us are looking for other employement opportunities.  :'(  I am not an HP but I do have training is using meters (RO2, RO-20, etc.) and friskers (E-140, Ludlums, etc.)  What other qualifications would I need to become at least a Jr. HP and/or Sr. HP Tech?  My other qualifications I have or have had is Hazmat Response Team, asbestos worker/inspector, forktruck operator, painting, hydrolazing, instructor training, laundry, and radioactive trash segregation. 

I would appreciate any assistance or comments.

Thanks

Offline MrNrge

• Light User
40 Hour RSO Course Vendors
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2004, 01:02 »
Dose anyone have any information on who offers the 40 hr. RSO course. I need locations, times and costs.
Thanks
It is easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.

Offline Laning

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
Re: 40 Hour RSO Course Vendors
« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2004, 01:37 »
Sam,

How are you dude? It's been a long time. I hope all is well in your world.

The only company I'm aware of  is Radiation Safety Academy. The link below should take you to a  course summary page.

Good Luck,

Eric

http://www.radiationsafetyacademy.com/rso.html
If you're gonna be dumb, ya gotta be tough

Offline HousePuke

• ALARA Coordinator / Rad Engineer
  • Heavy User
  • If you don't like it here, go somewhere else!
Re: Job Qualifications
« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2004, 01:48 »
The first ingredient is time on the job.  After you accumulate enough time you can look for some Jr HP slots and work them until you get enough time to become an 18.1 and so on to becoming a 3.1 Sr tech.  Along the way read, ask questions and listen.  You can pursue classes in math and science or consider going to college for Health Physics.
Good luck!  I hope things work out for you in becoming a tech.
Irish diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell such that he looks forward to making the trip.

Inspite of inflation, a penny is still a fair price for most peoples thoughts.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2004, 06:40 »

I recommend the two companies that support this site with their advertisements. Please consult them, and mention that NukeWorker.com sent you.  They will give you a special NukeWorker rate.

Tom and Dixie at Rad Ware

Nevada Technical Associates

I’m glad that I could help you.  I’m sorry that I don’t have the times and dates for you.  But I know that both companies have a class coming up.  I would contact both, and decide which has the best rate.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #5 on: Apr 03, 2004, 12:50 »
applied health physics, inc in bethel park, pa does.  call 1800deconit.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Re: Job Qualifications
« Reply #6 on: Apr 03, 2004, 12:53 »
scan the advertisers on this site for training available.  they range from pay by the course to junior college style.
have a good.

Marktwain

« Reply #7 on: Apr 11, 2004, 04:11 »
Nevada Technical Associates, Inc. gives the RSO course every other month in Las Vegas.  We are also planning to give the course in Columbus, Ohio and in Santa Cruz, Calfornia this fall.   See our website for more details.

Robert Holloway
http://www.ntanet.net

JassenB

Testing for brand new Juniors or Deconners
« Reply #8 on: Apr 17, 2004, 01:32 »
What specific examination should I be preparing for to take when I get to my first site as a junior or deconner?

My guess is the Northeast Utilities Exam, but I just want to check and make sure.

Coming up will be my very first commercial HP site.

Thanks!
-Jassen

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy Metal Poster Child
  • Heavy User
  • you don't know the power of the dark side.
Re: Testing for brand new Juniors or Deconners
« Reply #9 on: Apr 18, 2004, 11:50 »
What specific examination should I be preparing for to take when I get to my first site as a junior or deconner?

My guess is the Northeast Utilities Exam, but I just want to check and make sure.

Coming up will be my very first commercial HP site.

Thanks!
-Jassen

Just get your foot in the door, "I've got a job for you that'll look good on your resume"

If you hear that,---Run, unless you like hot sweaty high dose jobs. ;D
"Never underestimate the power of a Dark Klown"

Darkmatters website is no more, nada, gonzo, 
http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

harleygirl

Re: Testing for brand new Juniors or Deconners
« Reply #10 on: Apr 19, 2004, 08:27 »
Most sites do not require the juniors to take the northeast exam. Of the ones that do I think they only require a 70% pass rate....but if you get over 80% it should carry with you if you get your time in fast. As a junior I volunteered to take it, if they would let me. It was practice and a challenge for me to always better my score.

GARYGWOODJR

Training
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2004, 12:33 »
I understand that the industry training standard is the Systematic Approach to Training or Performance Based Training.  Instuctors work with first line supervisors to determine what training should be given emphasis, etc.

I would like hear what those of you that sit through the training have to say with regard to a particular approach you find most effective or techniques that you think are totally ineffective.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 12:35 by WINGSFAN »

radgal

Re: Training
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2004, 01:39 »
Being on both sides on the table, I think that a written test and a field test is the most well rounded approach.  Some people are good test takers but stink in actually job coverage/survey work, while others maybe good in the field but can't do math or calculations for reports.  It help makes more broad based knowledged techs.  Plus you get to see true weakness you have in your technicians.  So as not to lose the trainees due to boredom you could mix up book/classroom time with in field training.  Interactive/ props is the best way in my humble opinion.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 01:45 by Rad Gal »

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2004, 06:01 »
text/classroom discussion/ scenario playact/test

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2004, 06:26 »
When Line supervision has determined what training should cover, the instructor still has a lot of leeway on HOW to teach the material.

There are materials and techniques out there which can make even continuing training fresh. Ralph Carter (my old MTMO instructor eons ago) was teaching a group of HP Techs and supervisors about human performance techniques at Browns Ferry this year. He punctuated the entire lesson with Powerpoint slides / audio clips / video clips. I was struggling to stay awake in training because it was my only "Day shift" of the week (the rest of the week was nights!) and the 4 hours has been scheduled for 2 hours before lunch and 2 hours after lunch. Seeing a slide of "3 Stooges ready to tee off at the golf course" and Curly's audio "I'm trying to think, but nothing happens!" was much appreciated. It was even relevant.

Can you imagine your company paying you to search the Internet for funny stuff? Not only can it be imagined, but it is expected to have fresh material for the training sessions!

One of the most appropriate training sessions I ever attended was covering the difference between OJT and TPE. (On the Job Training and Task Performance Evaluation). The instructor (Greg Laughlin) found a clip of "The Carol Burnett Show" where the apprentice bank robber (Tim Conway) was trying to rob the apprentice bank teller (Vicki Lawrence) under the instruction or the experienced robber (Harvey Korman) and the experienced teller (Carol Burnett). It even included the determination that the TPE would be cancelled and continue the robbery as as OJT experience so the trainees could see how it should be performed.

I realize many new instructors try to change the world, but it really is possible to make continuing training enjoyable instead of dreaded.

(The soapbox is now available!)
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline RP Instructor

• Moderate User
  • Those who "can", "do", and go on to teach others.
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2004, 04:18 »
As an instructor, I felt obligated to respond to this thread.
I agree, that when it comes to “soft skills” training classes like Human Performance Training, or OJT/TPE, it is a nice “change-of-pace” (variety)  to have the instructor show some creativity in his/her presentation. When the movie Titanic was in the theatres, one of the instructors at McGuire rented a ship captain’s uniform, and “welcomed” his students aboard the RMS Titanic, as he reviewed the human performance errors that led to the sinking of the ship, as part of the plant’s Human Performance Training initiative.
That’s all well and good to entertain your students, but it’s a challenge to entertain your students when presenting technical training on plant systems, equipment and instrumentation. As instructors, we’re being evaluated constantly, with the expectation that we meet INPO standards for effective technical instruction and classroom presentation. I don’t recall seeing anywhere that entertaining the students was one of the expectations.
For example, the RPM charged me with presenting a class on personnel contamination monitoring equipment. He wanted the students to understand how each instrument functioned, along with its’ capabilities and limitations. It took time and effort to compile the technical material, along with applicable OE reports, and “get it all right”. I’m more concerned that the material I’m presenting my students is correct, and that they “get it”, versus entertaining them, and I believe that’s my managements’ expectation as well.
I have brought the portable instruments into class for “show-and-tell” (to let the students handle the instruments) as I presented the lecture, and taken students into the plant, in an effort to have the student more actively involved. It truly is a challenge to meet the expectation that the students leave your class knowing more then they did when they entered the room.

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2004, 08:26 »
As an instructor, I felt obligated to respond to this thread.
I agree, that when it comes to “soft skills” training classes like Human Performance Training, or OJT/TPE, it is a nice “change-of-pace” (variety)  to have the instructor show some creativity in his/her presentation....

That’s all well and good to entertain your students, but it’s a challenge to entertain your students when presenting technical training on plant systems, equipment and instrumentation. As instructors, we’re being evaluated constantly, with the expectation that we meet INPO standards for effective technical instruction and classroom presentation. I don’t recall seeing anywhere that entertaining the students was one of the expectations.

For initial training, I agree there are limits to what can be done to keep the attention of a student. In continuing training, some see the training as a distraction from your real job (and sometimes it is!). Those are the times that an entertaining class is better.

INPO doesn't appreciate training where people are falling asleep. It reflects negatively on the worker, the instructor, and the plant. Most evaluation forms include items to evaluate for "Keeps class involved" or equivalent.

Initial trainees are better in this regard: their pay raise depends on success in the class. That is a significant motivator that continuing training doesn't have.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

GARYGWOODJR

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2004, 09:15 »
I guess there is no "Golden Cow" (wishful thinking on my part).  It sounds like the commercial industry suffers from the same problems that the Navy does with regard to nuclear training.  It all seems to come down to rubber meets the road......instructional skill and preparation.   

exnuke19

« Reply #18 on: Aug 04, 2004, 07:32 »
It's akiller listenning to a lecture in a classroom. I always loved the hands on portion, like prototype!

RAD-GHOST

ORAL BOARDS, Advice!
« Reply #19 on: Aug 11, 2004, 06:05 »
Their trying to trick me, I know they are!  :-X

What's the best advice for taking an Oral Board?

My advice, let them know you own them!  Usually the three, or more, people sitting in front of you, have set the stage, but you set the performance!  If you happen to have a diversed knowledge base in the Nuclear Industry, you can actually have some fun with these.  I actually answered one question at a DOE board, with an instrument that didn't exist!  One board member stopped me and offered their version of similiar instrument used on their site.  We later joked about it when they looked for the instument on the web and couldn't find it!  They said it sounded like a really good instrument and wanted to use it in their program!  Oral Boards are your knowledge based reactions, combined with their written guides.  Althought there procedured may have a couple of speed bumps you have to memorize, they simply want to see your responce if you get in over your head!  All Oral Boards play out the same way, start a job, cover a job and react to something out of the ordinary, or what appears out of the ordinary! 

After you get the scenerio, start to disect it. 

Start the job:  Who, What, Where and Why?  Go to the board, I suggest the largest board available.  Write down the information you think you need, the more the merrier.  Write down the equipment you need.  Write down who is doing the job and why.  Request the past history on the area and prior evolution experience, ( A Biggy ).  Everybody likes to see the documentation as well.  If it is on the board, for all to see, it has been addressed!  If you choose to write nothing down, prepare yourself for a lot of questions!  Watch the board members, I guarantee they are writting stuff down!

After you think you have it all, think again, " Action Levels"?  Did you hit any?  Dose, Contamination, DAC, Airborne, Special Notifications?   

Cover the Job:  ALWAYS you first!  It's a good ice breaker.  Even in the real world, the tech should always be the first to scope out any site prior to allowing any workers to enter.  Tell the board your going to get a visual overview with the crew supervisor and make sure everything is as it should be.  Better to deal with a couple of people in a less than favorable situation, yourself included, that twenty workers!  Use other resources in the area, what's out there?  CAMS, ARM, Whatever! 

When Things go Bad, or appear to go Bad:  STOP in all cases!  Stop everything and everyone.  Assess the situation and remember the action levels!  Anything above them will require an immediate retreat.  Your retreat should be to a safe distance, but stay within reason.  Home is probably safe, but a little to far!  Use your available resources, your work crew is number one!  Put them at a safe distance and have them assist in providing controls until the troops show up.  They can also make a notification to your supervison and ask for assistance.  After you have established the immediate necessary control, repeat AFTER, notify your supervisor an inform him of the details.  One good thing to remember, those resources you checked on the way in, CAM's, ARM's and Whatevers, you also checked them on the way out, didn't you?  They will give you a good idea of how bad the situation is and if it is getting worst!

If the scenerio goes bad, the amount of time used, should only encompass your response to a safe condition, not the time required to recover from the event.  One scenerio I had many years ago, dealt with a dropped CO-60 source.  100 Ci source, sitting out on the floor.  The proper responce was to exit the building, secure the building entrances, with whomever I could find, and make the proper notifications.  It ended there! 

Sometimes your response will be required to an event outside of your immediate control, Fire, Site Announcment, Site Alarm, Local Alarms, ect.  Some of these will put you into a dash for the door!  If you remember to fall back to a safe distance, establish a contolled perimeter and make the notifications, you'll do just fine!

Beta_effect

Fundamentals of Engineering handbook
« Reply #20 on: Aug 11, 2004, 05:23 »
This is a pretty good handbook even if you never will take the fundamentals of engineering exam:

http://www.ncees.org/exams/study_materials/fe_handbook

Another good handbook is Voss's Los Alamos Radiation Monitoring Notebook found at:

http://www.nrrpt.org/documents/la-ur-00-2584.pdf
« Last Edit: Aug 11, 2004, 05:25 by Beta_effect »

newdeconner

JR HP Testing
« Reply #21 on: Oct 10, 2005, 11:18 »
 ???I am about to have my very first JR HP Job. Can anyone tell me if I will have to take any test :D ???. IF I do where can I go to get a study guide so that I can bone up now on it?

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: JR HP Testing
« Reply #22 on: Oct 10, 2005, 02:18 »
Depends on the facility.

Study info can be found here, in the study section (see the tab labled study).
http://www.nukeworker.com/study/

Jr8black3

Re: JR HP Testing
« Reply #23 on: Oct 10, 2005, 11:51 »
Hey if Mike can make it anybody can.... Just stay postive,, and study study.. To bad Cord. like Doug Mcbride went away...All I can say is I learned from the best...

wayfarer

specific tests/quals reguarding your study section
« Reply #24 on: Oct 21, 2005, 06:06 »
Hi.  My main concern before i get out of the navy (approx 2 yrs) is to pretty much increase my qualifications.  I am an ELT qualified LELT, EWS and pursuing the Excelsior Nuc Eng Tech degree but was wondering what else i could do to help myself out. 

I noticed the study section and i'll be honest, I am overwhelmed with all the Acronyms and all the different study guides and I can't really tell what exactly i can do at this point. 

the hazwop qual seemed like a good one for me especially since i am an ELT but i see you can't do it all online.  I have zero knowledge on this stuff and I am sure you can relate to the brick wall i am at.  I am willing to buy or study any books that i must to learn this stuff and any test that is offered I am willing to pursue. 

Any arrows u guys are willing to throw my way is appreciated. 

r1013

General radiation worker test?
« Reply #25 on: Feb 02, 2006, 03:35 »
Hello,

I havent worked at an outage in 2 years.  My old boss called me to see if I could work a few weeks for him.  He said I would have to get recertified as a nuke worker again.  The first time I worked in a nuke plant.. he came to my hotel room.. handed me all these books.. and said my test was the next day!!!  Eeek!.. (how wonderful).. Some how I passed it.. BUT! I like to be a bit more prepared than that..

I seen the pages on this site for (GERT).. Is that all I need to study and read over to get refreshed?.. The outage will be at Clavert cliffs if that makes a difference.

Even now if I sit down I might be just fine.. Ive taken the refresher so many times.. Im just paranoid since its been a few years..

Thanks for any advice.

r1013
« Last Edit: Feb 02, 2006, 03:36 by r1013 »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: General radiation worker test?
« Reply #26 on: Feb 02, 2006, 03:48 »
Yeah, just study the N-Get and the GERT, and you should be fine.

http://www.nukeworker.com/study/gert/

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
Calculus Based Physics Online
« Reply #27 on: Jul 26, 2006, 10:58 »
On other boards, the potential need for Calculus I & II and Calculus-Based Physics I & II has been addressed.

In a recent discussion with management, the desire for me to meet STA requirements was brought up.

Since I am not the only one with an erratic schedule, surely someone else has considered taking these courses online. I did a search, and found only 1 regionally accredited school offering Calculus-Based Physics I and II online (DeVry). Does anyone know of alternatives?

Thanks!

Offline cincinnatinuke

• Chemistry Technician CCNPP
  • Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Calculus Based Physics Online
« Reply #28 on: Jul 26, 2006, 01:32 »
Michigan State University

Calculus Concepts in Physics 1 PHY 233B
Calculus Concepts in Physics 2 PHY 234B

These are each web based and are 2 credit hours apiece.  Combine this with a traditional algebra based Phys 1 and 2, which MSU offers online too if you need it, will equal their Physics 1 and 2 requirements for Engineers and Scientists.  Hence they have satisfied the Calculus based portion.  If you have Physics 1 and 2 already then this just the filler you need.

I hope this helps you because I have always enjoyed your posts.

BTW Does Roll Tide imply you went there or just a confused fan?  I went to Auburn for a bit and am a Notre Dame fan, so I can razz you all you want.j/k

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #29 on: Jul 26, 2006, 02:10 »
Sounds like Michigan State is the way to go (unless I get a better offer).

Thanks

P. S. I am a life-long Alabama fan, but only went to a junior college in Alabama (and those credits didn't transfer when I got my B.S. from the University of the State of New York!)

And we don't mention Notre Dame in polite company.....

wlrun3@aol.com

« Reply #30 on: Jul 26, 2006, 05:05 »
http://www.ohiou.edu/independent/list2.htm#phys...three calc based physics courses...$276 each to take challenge exams...

Offline cincinnatinuke

• Chemistry Technician CCNPP
  • Moderate User
« Reply #31 on: Jul 27, 2006, 10:59 »
BTW cost is 1135.50 per course.  A little pricey but it does sound just like what you need.

I would keep an eye on the Irish this year.

Bama'............well the SEC is gonna be tough.  REALLY TOUGH!!

Offline ChiefRocscooter

• Heavy User
« Reply #32 on: Jul 27, 2006, 09:44 »
Hey I alreay have the Calc 1 &2 under the belt as well as Physics 1 (calc based),  question is I can get ABET BS NET from excelsior with out Physics 2, should I take it for resume purposes or will I be wasting time?? (I know any education is never a waste of time but think of it as taking that or doing something eles really important, say a class need to get degree)
Being adept at being adaptable I look forward to every new challenge!

Offline ChiefRocscooter

• Heavy User
« Reply #33 on: Jul 28, 2006, 10:48 »
Jason,
I guess taking the Physics 2 class would help (just another notch in the gun belt) but it sounds like I might never actually need it (need to look into what STA's do and make to get feel for weather position would be somthing I would want).

How about math beyond calc 2 has anyone expressed a need or recommendation for those?

Rob 

Offline ChiefRocscooter

• Heavy User
« Reply #34 on: Jul 28, 2006, 11:13 »
Thank , yes they do give good advice and I am speending more and more time crusin the threads to gleen info. 
Have you had any luck in your search for job?

Rob

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #35 on: Jul 28, 2006, 11:27 »
My ears are burning.

I was asked if I could get it, and so I am looking into the cost and effort. Then I will see what the company offers.

Some companies really want the STA slot filled by on-shift SRO's; they aren't real concerned about whether the degree is engineering or not.

Daneck

Rad Protection Pre-Interview Testing with OPG
« Reply #36 on: Nov 28, 2006, 04:21 »
I've finally gotten in invite for testing for a temp Rad Tech position. You would not believe how excited I am to finally be called in for testing!!!

I have the chem, biology, physics background required, but it was a very...very...very long time ago. I am amazed at how much I've forgotten!

The only info I have is that testing will include science.
Should I be focusing my review/preparation on chemistry?

Any advice, direction to guide me in preparing for the tests would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to know what the test questions will be, just some direction on what I should be focusing on.

Thanks inadvance for any suggestions!
Daneck

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: Rad Protection Pre-Interview Testing with OPG
« Reply #37 on: Nov 28, 2006, 05:15 »
Check the study guides and online practice tests here, on NukeWorker.com

vikingfan

« Reply #38 on: Nov 29, 2006, 09:50 »
 if you want i have a copy of the NEU and will email you the study guide files just let me know.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #39 on: Nov 29, 2006, 10:28 »
For OPG, you are not going to need any NEU study guide.  Don't even look at it.  It has NOTHING to do with CANDU reactors or Canadian RP practices.
Study Tritium.  Know eveything there is to know about Tritium.  Figure whole body dose rates based on Tritium concentration in air.  (i.e. 1 MPC = 2.5 milliRem/hr).  Know the thumbrules about Tritium concentrations in the Heat Transport and Moderator systems.  (Spilling one liter of moderator water yields 1000 MPC, Heat transport yields 100 MPC per liter... look those up -  I may have them backwards.)
Be able to do simple calculations involving air sampling, dose rates (inverse square and the like), stay times, contamination levels, ...etc.
OPG usually trains their tradesmen to do RP.  The emphasis is more on procedures than on theoretical knowledge of radiation.  Be able to read and follow procedures.  Most of the test will be concentrated in this area.
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2006, 10:37 by BeerCourt »
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #40 on: Nov 29, 2006, 11:56 »
Here is the best resourse for Raddiation Protection in a CANDU:

http://www.nukeworker.com/study/hp/CANDU_RP_study_info.pdf

It's 167 pages of pure gold. The CANDU stuff starts on page 27, before that its fuel cycle, still good stuff.

Daneck

« Reply #41 on: Nov 29, 2006, 02:26 »
This has been great advice!

Thank you so much,

Daneck

Offline stormgoalie

• Former RP Supervisor, now an Engineer......
  • Very Heavy User
  • Go fast or go home!
« Reply #42 on: Dec 01, 2006, 05:55 »
Beercourt,

Great advice!!!  Danek, unfortunately I cannot give you any advice as it would be a conflict of interest, but should you be successful and find that you have questions please do not hesitate to email me on company email and I will assist where I can.

Jim Rodgers
RP Supervisor
Ontario Power Generation
WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, or blasphemy.

pipeman41

Re: Training and testing questions
« Reply #43 on: Feb 19, 2017, 10:27 »
I am rtying to get the syber security study course that tva gives at the training center thanks

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: Training and testing questions
« Reply #44 on: Feb 19, 2017, 12:50 »
I am rtying to get the syber security study course that tva gives at the training center thanks

That is probably a NANTeL class, and will require you to be registered during in-processing.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?