Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Security Employment

Author Topic: Security Employment  (Read 26048 times)

hillman20

Security Employment
« on: Apr 05, 2004, 12:23 »
Hello,
     I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what I would need to do, or where I would need to go to get an application, and/or put in a resume for security officer employment for McGuire Nuclear Power Plant.  Any information would be appericiated. :)

hillman20

Re: Security Employment
« Reply #1 on: Apr 05, 2004, 08:12 »
Anyone? :(

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #2 on: Apr 05, 2004, 08:44 »
I remember seeing some posted in the past on the company web site. None there today.

http://www.duke-energy.com/careers/search/results.asp?JobCat=All%20Categories&JobLocDesc=Huntersville,%20NC&JobBusUnit=All%20Companies&ViewALL=

SC job service (or whatever the offices formerly known as the State Unemployment Office calls itself today) may have the best leads.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Tina

• Moderate User
  • Face wht your afraid of, Find out wht your made of
« Reply #3 on: Aug 21, 2004, 12:45 »
Wachenhut Corperation....holds a lot of the nuclear security contracts so you might want to contact them

Rent-A-Cop

« Reply #4 on: Nov 20, 2004, 07:46 »
Wachenhut Corperation....holds a lot of the nuclear security contracts so you might want to contact them
Stay far, far away from Wackenhut. I work for them and they are one of the worst  companies to work for, bar none.

Offline Brigrat

• Moderate User
  • Go Chargers!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 20, 2004, 10:03 »
If you are interested in Nuclear Security, you are much better off working for a plant that has in house security, as opposed to contract security.  I will see what I can find out about who handles security services at Mcguire.

temple182

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2005, 04:55 »
I could also use some help. I am a SLED certified security officer and am looking to work at a nuclear power station in SC. Can anyone point me in the right direction?  8)

Offline Jjm2777

• Lurker
« Reply #7 on: Jan 29, 2015, 02:00 »
Anyway to get a list of what plants use in house security?

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2015, 04:10 by Rennhack »

mwa1987

« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2016, 01:46 »
I'm an officer at a plant in the Northeast, thinking about making a move down south. I've seen postings for jobs in Georgia and South Carolina and am wondering if anyone has any idea what these officers top out at hourly. I know the starting rate is in the $14 range but just curious about the rest of the scale. Any information would be much appreciated.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?