Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Average Contract Duration  

Author Topic: Average Contract Duration  (Read 4658 times)

Duffman

Average Contract Duration
« on: Jul 21, 2009, 04:43 »
I'm new to nuclear contract work and was wondering how long one could expect an average contract deployment to last.  Months?  Years?  Thank you for the help!

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
Re: Average Contract Duration
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21, 2009, 05:27 »
It depends on what kind of contract you're looking at.  Some companies have long term contracts from 3 months to 2.5 yrs.  If you're talking about outage contracts, they could last anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months, depending on what kind of outage the plant is performing.

What are you looking for?

Offline Benwah033

• Light User
Re: Average Contract Duration
« Reply #2 on: Jul 21, 2009, 06:27 »
As Lorrie said, it depends on the nature of the work that you're looking at.  If you're going to be supporting an outage as a tech or maintenance personell, then it would be a shorter term duration that could include time the outage for planning, during for the work, and maybe some after for cleanup / lessons learned.

If it is office work, project management, outage planning, engineering, again it depends on what the specific goal of your contract is but it could range from short term, < 30 days, to long term planning or projects lasting multiple years.

Don't worry about people saying it'll be for a day at a time, or that there are so many experienced people that will take the long term jobs that you'll be left with nothing.  Throughout my career people have told me similar things trying to discourage me from going after what I want.  Work hard, even if it's for 1 day at a time, and you're name will get around. 

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?