Facility & Company Information > Canada

Anyone at Bruce and OPG Ontario?

(1/6) > >>

MrJoyce:
Hi there, I move to Canada in about a month, with the intention of working for either BrucePower or OPG. Anybody out there already that I can talk to?

Cheers, Andy

vikingfan:
you might send a PM to stormgoalie he is the RP supervisor at bruce i believe ??? but either way he is at one of the canadien plants hope this helps

Already Gone:

--- Quote from: MrJoyce on Jul 23, 2009, 06:55 ---Hi there, I move to Canada in about a month, with the intention of working for either BrucePower or OPG. Anybody out there already that I can talk to?

Cheers, Andy

--- End quote ---

What kind of work are you planning to do?  Do you have a work permit, or are yougoing for some other reason?
Given the little information that you posted, it's hard to give good details.

Hasher is another NW member who lives in Canada.  He works for OPG.  You might PM him also.

Please forgive me if you already know this, but you can't just move to Canada and look for a job.  You need a job offer to get a permit to work there under most circumstances.  You cannot get a permit from inside Canada.  You have to apply from outside the country.
If you haven't been to this site yet, go there now  http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp

stormgoalie:
Andy,

I would check out www.brucepower.com and www.mypowercareer.com (or www.opg.com if you want to see the full corp. website) and check out the jobs that are posted.  Getting in the door can be tough at times due to the union collective agreements in place (almost all jobs are filled internally due to hiring being primarily seniority based).  As per my PM I am continuing to look around for you, but no luck so far.  Bruce Power may be hiring HP's this year but that is all I have heard from that side of the fence. Will continue checking around for you.

Cheers,
Jim Rodgers
RP Supervisor
Ontario Power Generation
Western Waste Management Facility
NRRPT

MrJoyce:
Cheers guys

I've got a year-long work permit already, and Canadian relations (and I'm eligible for a Fed Skilled Workers Visa) so I hope to start work first, then arrange a permanent visa before the year is up (followed by a quick hop back to the UK to get it). Does this seem reasonable, or have a missed a huge problem?

I'm more interested in the operator side of things, and BrucePower have just put up a vacancy for Nuclear Operators in Training so I'll apply to that.

I also wondered about clearance issues, but reading some of the stuff people on this forum have done and still got in, I'm less worried. I have no criminal record whatsoever, no DUI's or even speeding tickets. Do you think I'll have any problems there?

Any help you guys can give me is greatly apprieciated  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version