Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Oak Ridge openings?

Author Topic: Oak Ridge openings?  (Read 4981 times)

Offline Hollywood

• Very Lite User
Oak Ridge openings?
« on: Jul 24, 2009, 11:54 »
I was wondering if anyone could tell me somethings about the oak ridge and its nuclear jobs in the area. I really like the oak ridge and would like to find nuclear work in the area. I am about to start contacting head hunters to help me on this search, but I figured first I would go and check out the forums. I am pretty much looking for anything from operator to technician, and my qualifications for such a job are 6yeas navy, fast attack, Nuc ET1, fully qualified EWS/EDPO/RO/ETMS/QAI/SCI/RPCLI and everything else I could get my hands on, very heavy in maintenance/maintenance planning and troubleshooting. I have about 4 months till I am out and I am just trying to find the next step, Thanks -Jeff

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
Re: Oak Ridge openings?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 25, 2009, 09:45 »
Put in  at Denuke, SEC, CSI, Bartlett right now, also check the job board for Oak Ridge  Jobs,  The plants like to try to hire techs as contractors first before they hire them directly to try them out.  Write a cover letter explaining you will be out in a few months, attach your resume, send it wait a week to insure they get it, if you have not heard from them call them and asked for a recruiter and try to see what your chances are.  It seems they will be hiring some people and I usually see a Oak Ridge Job every week here on Nukeworker.  You can also post your resume on Nukeworker, with a cover letter stating your sitution .  Only companies that pay to read resumes will read them is my understanding.  Also study the DOE core material here on Nukeworker.  You can also read through the last few months job posting to see who is hiring on Nukeworker.
« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2009, 09:48 by thenukeman »

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #2 on: Jul 27, 2009, 12:09 »
Wait, nukeman forgot the most important things.........Learn to golf and go to Bailey's whenever they have a get-together.......

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jul 27, 2009, 04:43 »
Wait, nukeman forgot the most important things.........Learn to golf and go to Bailey's whenever they have a get-together.......

There aren't as many get togethers at Bailey's now that "Dave the Cruise Director" is gone.  :)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?