Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu ELT with 90 days left

Author Topic: ELT with 90 days left  (Read 6815 times)

Patricko

ELT with 90 days left
« on: Jul 30, 2009, 09:12 »
Hello fellow nukes. I have 5 1/2 years in and got fully qualified. I am medically disqualified from the navy cause my foot got crushed but still can do most any job just fine. I desire to carry on in the nuclear job set and I would like being a RO. From what i have read on the site i am gathering i need to take some tests and apply as a entry level NLO. Do i have the jest of it?

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
Re: ELT with 90 days left
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30, 2009, 09:37 »
Hello fellow nukes. I have 5 1/2 years in and got fully qualified. I am medically disqualified from the navy cause my foot got crushed but still can do most any job just fine. I desire to carry on in the nuclear job set and I would like being a RO. From what i have read on the site i am gathering i need to take some tests and apply as a entry level NLO. Do i have the jest of it?

Thank You for your service and Welcome to NukeWorker ;D

Yes, you will most likely start as a NLO, but some plants have instant SRO's but that's another topic. As far as tests go itvaries by utility but you can just about bet you'll be taking the POSS. Here is a link to some stuff about it, and do a little more searching here on the site. Try the Getting In forum and Tests Forum.

Good Luck and again Thank You for your service.

hopster 8)

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,13921.0.html#top
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline MrNrge

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Jul 30, 2009, 11:59 »
May I also say thank you for your service.

I don’t know what your intentions/goals are, but if you want to move beyond power plant staff. I would recommend using your GI bill and finish your degree Thomas Edison State College, Will put together all your experience and you could have your BS in about 2 years.
While you will still need to work your way up through the ranks the people with degrees go farther faster (Generally speaking).

I did the plant route when I got out w/o the degree. Once I had degree in hand many doors were thrown open for me.
For a additional note I don’t do Nuclear anymore. Don’t get me wrong I would if the money was right but it is a great place to start.

Just a few helpful suggestions from and ex-ELT

NPS Orlando FL Class 8207
MM1/SS/ELT
It is easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.

Patricko

« Reply #3 on: Jul 31, 2009, 12:33 »
sorry forgot to say i have a degree in chemistry from before i joined the navy so that should help a little

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #4 on: Jul 31, 2009, 12:36 »
Yup if its ops you are interested in, look for NLO jobs (assuming you don't have 2 years of EWS). There are other departments such as chemistry and maintenance that might interest you as well.

Justin

M1Ark

« Reply #5 on: Aug 01, 2009, 05:08 »
You'll be fine,...ELT's rule!!!!

LMAO.  If you want to swing a meter, Marssim is right.  Your ELT training will outclass most of your peers.  If you want to do something else in the industry then you'll have to work really hard to overcome the negative training you've received thus far.  It's possible though.... Broadzilla did it.

LOL (flamethrower has been stowed )

jkgordon

« Reply #6 on: Sep 17, 2009, 02:34 »
I work for B&W in Lynchburg, Va. We do failure analysis work for the utilities and both rad an non-rad chemistry. We also have a hot machine shop where we can work on contaminated and activated components. We may have up to three openings soon and are looking for Navy Nukes. ELTs are preferred but we will consider any Navy Nuke. I am an ex-sub nuke and I work with five other ex-nukes.

Email me a resume to jkgordon@babcock.com and I will forward it to the right person.

Fermi2

« Reply #7 on: Sep 18, 2009, 06:18 »
LMAO.  If you want to swing a meter, Marssim is right.  Your ELT training will outclass most of your peers.  If you want to do something else in the industry then you'll have to work really hard to overcome the negative training you've received thus far.  It's possible though.... Broadzilla did it.

LOL (flamethrower has been stowed )

HEY !!!! I JUST SAW THIS!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?