Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Any Advice?

Author Topic: Any Advice?  (Read 17480 times)

Motown homey

Re: Any Advice?
« Reply #25 on: Aug 08, 2009, 07:40 »
For roughly a dime a day, you can get the Nukeworker Goldmember's access to the fall and spring outage schedules for a year - go gold on Nukeworker!

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #26 on: Aug 08, 2009, 10:15 »

Also, as to a bit more about me and my desires; I'm 28, just graduated college, am broke, and plan on ski bumming and traveling overseas this winter. So hitting a couple of shutdowns would really help my cause. Beyond that, I'm looking to be an operator somewhere, preferably Vermont Yankee, but will start anywhere. My father and brother (operators) have told me that any commercial nuclear experience will help my resume out in terms of operations.

Thanks for all the advice guys, and anything else anyone has to say is appreciated. Cheers.

Hmmmmm, try Seabrook.... ;)
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

gotnoname19

« Reply #27 on: Aug 09, 2009, 12:57 »
Seabrook starts 10/1, and I imagine that I'd have to report a week or two before this date. Ginna starts in the middle of September (report 8/31), and is scheduled to last three weeks. So I dont think the dates really work out for Seabrook. Thanks for the suggestion though.

nukewood

« Reply #28 on: Aug 09, 2009, 06:22 »

Try Turkey Point after Ginna.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?