Career Path > NRC

Power Plant Union Questions [Merged]

<< < (2/7) > >>

doctormoo:
buy a nissan made in mississippi

radgal:
Worked just about all the old ComEd now Exelon plants on the contractor side and ex was LTC.  From what I know, House union guys do make some good green and usually get to do shared resource outages for more green.  I believe the benes are good but don't know details.  I'd take a house job for them.

moke:
Your union is only as good as it's representation and their upper tier connections such as the Teamsters whom I feel have one of the best.

Many know about the IBEW and how they got many to buy-in to an illegal introduction with the power arena. There should have been a national vote first to be legal yet this so called organization was'nt as good as many thought. Many RCT s jumped on the Band wagon without doing their homework and ended up eating Crow!

I have noticed today that many of the stronger union organizations still compromise their membership caving in on various issues.

I worked for two years here in NY with Local 138 (Operators) and their Delegate Jim was very knowledgable and knew how to cover his members and did a fine job. They carry a nice big stick here and the type I would consider joining, at the same time, there will always be small inconsistencies to deal with. We have heavy hitters here in NY and I like the Teamsters since they have many professional attributes and horse power behind the scenes to boot.

Have an Awesome Week!

Moke

ramdog_1:
I geuss they have there places and are good for those who are in them, like bennys and stuff.

lowlrc:
If you like stagnating air, tornadoes sirens, old style beer and bad food you'll like the surrounding area. One a positive note, the people for the most part, are great. The plants themselves, on a scale of one to ten rate a one (one being the lowest) and the low rating is due to the fact that the union workers are the biggest bunch of a-holes I have ever worked with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version