Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu MM1 PPWS with less than 90 days  

Author Topic: MM1 PPWS with less than 90 days  (Read 7870 times)

luke.jolitz

MM1 PPWS with less than 90 days
« on: Aug 05, 2009, 08:31 »
My name is Luke Jolitz.  I will have been in the Navy for 6 years when I get out at the end of October.  I made E-6 and PPWS at 4.5 years.  I am very interested in continuing a career in the nuclear field either operations or with maintenance.  I am registered on nuke worker and have an account with a resume.  I am also with Bradley-Morris, Orion, Lucas Group, and several other random head hunters, but I would rather try and find my own job.  If you can help me out or give me guidance it would be much appreciated.

JustinHEMI05

Re: MM1 PPWS with less than 90 days
« Reply #1 on: Aug 05, 2009, 10:24 »
I recommend searching the jobs sites of the various companies. They all have some sort of electronic application/resume process.

To get you started, www.exeloncorp.com/careers

When looking at these company job sites, look for words such as;

Auxilliary operator
Equipment operator
Non-liscenced operator
Maintenance supervisor

Justin
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2009, 10:26 by JustinHEMI »

luke.jolitz

« Reply #2 on: Sep 29, 2009, 09:07 »
I take terminal leave on Friday and plan on being available on the 15-20 of October.  Does anyone know of anyone hiring?

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #3 on: Sep 30, 2009, 09:04 »
Um, in the link I provided, there is a nuclear equipment operator opening posted on 9/3/09. Did you try looking there?

Offline War Eagle

• Moderate User
  • PWR SRO
« Reply #4 on: Sep 30, 2009, 11:22 »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #5 on: Sep 30, 2009, 11:29 »
LOL !! That rates a DFT full of + Karma !

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #6 on: Sep 30, 2009, 12:26 »
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline War Eagle

• Moderate User
  • PWR SRO
« Reply #7 on: Sep 30, 2009, 12:37 »
That video made my face hurt.  ;D Great stuff!

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #8 on: Sep 30, 2009, 01:17 »
I take terminal leave on Friday and plan on being available on the 15-20 of October.  Does anyone know of anyone hiring?

As you have probably figured from reading and researching here, hiring in the commercial nuclear industry can be a slow process. Try searching some of the companies listed at the top of the main page, investigate contract work (refuel outage support - GE, AREVA, W, etc), and look over other posts on similar subjects.

Good luck, and don't take too much offense to the jibes posted here - while helpful folks, we still have to extract our pound of flesh, so to speak... ;)
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

jkgordon

« Reply #9 on: Sep 30, 2009, 03:02 »
I work for B&W in Lynchburg, Va. We are looking for Navy Nukes now. Very little if any travel. Primarily supporting commercial nuclear but almost all in house.

Send me a resume to jkgordon@babcock.com and I will forward it.

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #10 on: Sep 30, 2009, 08:51 »
I work for B&W in Lynchburg, Va. We are looking for Navy Nukes now. Very little if any travel. Primarily supporting commercial nuclear but almost all in house.

Send me a resume to jkgordon@babcock.com and I will forward it.

I'm betting posting these jobs here: http://www.nukeworker.com/job/ might help also.  ;D
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline Adam Grundleger

• Moderate User
« Reply #11 on: Oct 07, 2009, 09:16 »
I just posted under zor's thread, please reference and PM me if interested.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?