Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Can I Work Nuc after a Felony? honeypot

Author Topic: Can I Work Nuc after a Felony?  (Read 8031 times)

PANUCENG

Can I Work Nuc after a Felony?
« on: Aug 08, 2009, 10:38 »
Can I get back into Nuclear after a felony? 

I was recently convicted of a class 3 Felony.  I served no time and am on probation.  The felony was non-violent and not related to weapons, drugs, alchohol, theft, or anything that would go against the government or the industry.  Other than this, my background is stellar and I have great experience, evaluations, and references from the Nuclear industry.

I recognize that I can not be an operator.  Engineering, projects, or maintenance is my goal.
Thanks.

Fermi2

Re: Can I Work Nuc after a Felony?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 09, 2009, 12:55 »
No you can't, why in the world would a nuclear facility hire a felon?

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Can I Work Nuc after a Felony?
« Reply #2 on: Aug 09, 2009, 08:23 »
10 CFR 10 shows the criteria for access authorization, just as a heads-up. The make-or-break will be if the job you seek needs access to the Protected Area, or includes the need to enter any Vital Areas.

You might want to see if Sun Technical or Volt Technical have openings, or other consultants that don't require plant entry like Sargent & Lundy or Ebasco, Bechtel etc.
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2009, 09:53 by Nuclear NASCAR »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?