Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NLOs to ROs, who's done it?  

Author Topic: NLOs to ROs, who's done it?  (Read 3628 times)

specialk440

NLOs to ROs, who's done it?
« on: Aug 11, 2009, 01:16 »
I am currently a Non Licensed operator, thinking about making jump to Reactor Operator. Who's done it? What do you like/dislike about the move, any regrets? At my plant, most of the RO's that were former NLO's say don't do it, not because of the job, but because of other stuff.

Fermi2

Re: NLOs to ROs, who's done it?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 11, 2009, 02:38 »
I did it, then Upgraded to SRO, the skipped Utilities and got an Instant SRO.
M1Ark and I worked together. He followed the same path.

My advice is do it. It's the best time you'll ever have in this industry, it's very financially rewarding and you have more direct impact on plant operation. I have had ZERO regrets and I've had a license since 1994.

Mike

Offline Len61

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: Aug 11, 2009, 12:38 »
I was an AUO for 6 years, an RO for 6 years, then upgraded to SRO. RO is the best job in the Power House for various reasons.
1. Huge difference in pay between AUO and RO.
2. You get to operate the plant at a whole new level.
3. You are still an hourly emplyee with Union protection.
4. It rarely gets above 75 degrees in the control room.

Just to name a few.

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #3 on: Aug 11, 2009, 12:50 »
Our ROs use ice vests to get from the control room to the cafeteria

Fermi2

« Reply #4 on: Aug 11, 2009, 09:45 »
I was an AUO for 6 years, an RO for 6 years, then upgraded to SRO. RO is the best job in the Power House for various reasons.
1. Huge difference in pay between AUO and RO.
2. You get to operate the plant at a whole new level.
3. You are still an hourly emplyee with Union protection.
4. It rarely gets above 75 degrees in the control room.

Just to name a few.

Well said Len. To me the bottom line is, no matter what the job if you are working with good people you'll still end up with a great working experience.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?