Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Has anyone successfully appealed NRC exam results? Any tips? honeypot

Author Topic: Has anyone successfully appealed NRC exam results? Any tips?  (Read 3881 times)

Peach

I choked on the final exam and am down by two questions. One of which is a ligitimate misinterpretation of the (rev 9) question, and a couple of others basically have no correct answer as written. The NRC has rejected the feedback submitted by the training department, so here I am. Any helpful tips?

Thanks for any suggestions or tips on the process.

thenuttyneutron

Rev 9?  I would not even try an appeal.    I know it is bad that you missed by 2 questions, but if you push for an appeal; it could be very bad for everyone from the trainers to your class mates.   If they throw out enough answers during the whole process from Rev 1 through 9 it could invalidate the test.  The test would then need to be given again.  Also if you push for the appeal, it will delay the licenses for others that were below an 82 but above an 80.   

If you job depends on it, I would then consider the appeal.  Don’t make the process worst than it has to be by fighting everyone.  In the end you will lose and may burn some bridges.

If you did well on the Job Performance Measures and the sim drills, I would suggest that you try and retake the written test in 6 months.  A new test would have to be made and a contractor paid to make it, but for the extra license your Utility may pay for it.  They may decide to send you through the next class.

Sorry for the bad test day.  It is not the end of the world.  I know of many people that had to go up twice before they made it.  Good Luck.

Fermi2

Not true. You can say the UTILITY is electing not to appeal the question however once everyone gets their license you can file a personal appeal. The big difference is no one from the utility can help you with the appeal during hours they are being payed by the utility.

Mike

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?