Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu He said she said ( Navy Nuke recruiter) honeypot

Author Topic: He said she said ( Navy Nuke recruiter)  (Read 5290 times)

Glowing_Since_09

He said she said ( Navy Nuke recruiter)
« on: Aug 23, 2009, 10:59 »
One recruiter told me that some companies will go to you near the end of your enlistment and offer you a contract.

I highly doubt this, because everyone and there mothers have degrees and extra training after the their service. Now I'm not going to be negative and say it never happens, but honestly, how many Navy Nukes fresh out of the Navy get hooked up in such a manor?
« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2009, 01:02 by Glowing Since 09 »

JustinHEMI05

Re: He said she said ( Navy Nuke recruiter)
« Reply #1 on: Aug 24, 2009, 08:21 »
If I am understanding your question, which is difficult you should know, I think you are asking who actually got a job out of the Navy?

One here. I had several offers many months before getting out.

I am not sure where you get your info, but at my plant, barely anyone outside of engineering has a degree. I have a degree, but it had nothing to do with me getting my job.

Justin
« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2009, 08:27 by JustinHEMI »

Glowing_Since_09

« Reply #2 on: Aug 24, 2009, 12:21 »
Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the confusing post. I asked my brother to post it while i was rebuilding his engine. What I didn't know, that he had the grammar of Blonde Rocker, ha ha. Anyways, thank you for your reply, did any other past nuke sailors get hooked up right away?

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #3 on: Aug 24, 2009, 12:49 »
I personally know lots of them. It all depends on you though.

Justin

Offline Creeker

• Moderate User
« Reply #4 on: Aug 24, 2009, 04:30 »
If you are asking if folks come find you prior to your EAOS, and offer you jobs on a platter... I don't think that is the norm.  I'm sure it happens, and that networking comes into play...  But, were I you, I'd assume that the training and experience will open doors, however, you need to go knocking the way the rest of the job seeking world does!  Do your HW, search for openings, make an impressive resume, and practice your interviewing skills.

Best of luck,

Bill

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #5 on: Aug 25, 2009, 10:33 »
I agree 100% with creeker. If that is what you are asking then no, no one is waiting outside the gate to hand you a 6 figure job. In my examples, myself and my friends worked very hard to find the opportunities and learn how to write a resume and sell ourselves in the interview.

Justin

Offline jquella07

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #6 on: Aug 26, 2009, 02:38 »
Your experience will help you out a bunch, especially if you held any leadership positions in your Navy career.  Other than that, you really have to know how to write a solid resume and kill the interview, as well as pass any entrance exam the company might have.  I was very fortunate to get hired at Southern California Edison for a six figure salary coming right out of an 8 year enlistment as an ET.  Good luck... There are plenty of opportunities out there.  Just gotta work for 'em!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?