Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Background Check DUI honeypot

Author Topic: Background Check DUI  (Read 5029 times)

VL

Background Check DUI
« on: Aug 31, 2009, 06:36 »
Im trying to get a job on an outage and at San Onofre. I filled out the packet for my background check. I have been arrested twice in my life once 35 years ago for speedinng in a small town in Texas and for a DUI 17 years ago. Can this affect my chances of getting a job?

ps3081

Re: Background Check DUI
« Reply #1 on: Aug 31, 2009, 06:43 »

VL,
Just make SURE you put everything down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If the speeding fine was under a certain amount, you may not have to list that,,  ( read the question CAREFULLY!!!!!!!!).  You should not have any problem!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Aug 31, 2009, 10:59 »
It the question says "Have you ever", then tell them if you have ever.  If it was long enough ago that they don't care, they won't care.  If you don't list it, they WILL care.

Offline johnnieslingshot

• Moderate User
  • Let's go bowl-diving
« Reply #3 on: Sep 02, 2009, 06:03 »
I have had to answer "YES" on the security questionnaire.  My run-in with the "LAW" happened in '95.  I think that it also depends on the utility, but all of the outages I have worked were only interested in the last 5 years.  I was told by Bartlett security folks that if I was still within that 5 year period, then it would be a toss-up call by the utility security folks as to whether-or-not I would get a favorable nod.  So far my problem" has not cost me a job at any utility.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?