Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Class Room DOE Core Training? honeypot

Author Topic: Class Room DOE Core Training?  (Read 7114 times)

boyboy

Class Room DOE Core Training?
« on: Sep 01, 2009, 07:23 »
Hello Radworkers,

I was wondering besides the study guides and on-line quizzes for the core exam. Is there a place one could go to get class room instruction on the core exam? I not talking about on-line classes either. Like sit in a class room for X amount of time. If anyone has any info i would be grateful.

thank you

your little radtech,

BOYBOY

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Class Room DOE Core Training?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 02, 2009, 12:02 »
My bad  attempt at humor, I deleted it. Was trying to show the post was a bit,um,garbled.

On-topic: Last time I needed a DOE Core, studied it online right here! Or there is a CD you can purchase  http://www.nukeworker.com/shop/popup_image.php?pID=60

Offline HenryBlack

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: Sep 02, 2009, 08:20 »
At one time Kelly Services in Oak Ridge was offering training classes on the DOE Core exam. I believe it was about six weeks of classes and then the test. It was recognized by most sites except SRS. Give them a call and see if they can help you. Take care, Henry

Offline USMCRADCON

• Light User
  • Will train for spare change
« Reply #3 on: Sep 02, 2009, 08:49 »
I am still providing Core Training and testing on an "as needed basis".
"Welcome to the show, you are now officially one of Jerry's Kids"

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
« Reply #4 on: Sep 02, 2009, 04:46 »
I think Roane State in Oak Ridge has a class starting September 4, 2009.  Here it is>>

Radiological Control Technology

This course will prepare students to gain skills and knowledge to pass the Department of Energy (DOE) Core  and start a career as an entry level health physicist in a DOE facility.

The course will run from September 4 through September 26 on Fridays and Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. at the Oak Ridge Branch Campus.  The cost is $499.00 and includes a certification test.

To register for the course contact Sonya Parker at 481-2031.
We provide:

Computer Training Courses
Certified Professional Classes
Human Resources Consulting
Management Classes
« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2009, 04:50 by thenukeman »

boyboy

« Reply #5 on: Sep 10, 2009, 10:06 »
Thanks Guys,

I went with Thenukeman advice. Thanks for the help!

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
« Reply #6 on: Sep 10, 2009, 03:56 »
BoyBoy Let us know how this class is.  I started making straight A's in college when I started reading the lessons and books before the professor gave the lecture so when I went to the lecture I absorbed far more. I would reccomend you try this for this class and see.  ALot of these concepts are tricky but if you try to learn before you even go to the class you will probably do better.

Tiphony.Dames

« Reply #7 on: Jun 09, 2010, 02:12 »
I am still providing Core Training and testing on an "as needed basis".

You wouldn't happen to be located in the Tri-cities would you? I have been trying to study for this exam and I am sure I would do a better job with someone teaching me.

Offline USMCRADCON

• Light User
  • Will train for spare change
« Reply #8 on: Jun 09, 2010, 08:15 »
Sorry Tiphony...I left the Lazy H back in 97...I am currently @ X-10.
"Welcome to the show, you are now officially one of Jerry's Kids"

Offline Simple Country HP

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #9 on: Jun 09, 2010, 01:47 »
Tiphony,

I am in the Tri-Cities and I can provide CORE training. If you are interested send me a message on Nukeworker explaining your situation and I may be able to help you.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?