Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu math qualifications  

Author Topic: math qualifications  (Read 2496 times)

starscream

math qualifications
« on: Sep 03, 2009, 11:30 »
I'm considering going into the nuke field, the recruiter suggested it to me after my practice asvab, and I think it would be a good fit I love a challenge and like the idea of the job.  My biggest concern is the math qualifications, I have had Algebra I,II, and III and aced all three, but when I took trig it took all of my ability to pass with a D, it has also been almost two years since I have done any form of higher math, I go to meps in two weeks, any info would be much appreciated.

I have also never taken physics before, is something that will hold me back or is only a minor hurdle that can be overcome in A school?
« Last Edit: Sep 04, 2009, 12:29 by starscream »

EasyLivin

Re: math qualifications
« Reply #1 on: Sep 04, 2009, 09:48 »
NNPP will actually teach you physics topics that are not required to be taught at some colleges and universities for lower level classes (i.e. calc-based physics). The instructors at NNPTC will provide you with all of the tools that you will need to succeed. You will not be studying vectors, statics, or advanced calculus. So, a full understanding of trig is not required. If you would like a head start; study quantum theory, unit conversions, and improve your reading skills.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?