Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu plane & line source
honeypot

Author Topic: plane & line source  (Read 8086 times)

sunpaw

plane & line source
« on: Sep 08, 2009, 01:35 »
Or is it...

you have a plane source 20'x20' reading 15rem/hr@2". Covering that plane source is 6 feet of high density concrete. In the middle of said concrete is a 1/2" x 8' horizontal gap. what is the reading @ 2 inches from this gap?

Show your work  :)
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2009, 01:39 by Roy Lightfoot »

Chimera

Re: plane & line source
« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2009, 12:11 »
I want to know how you're going to get your meter through 3 feet of concrete to verify my answer.

atomicarcheologist

« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2012, 03:31 »
Or is it...

you have a plane source 20'x20' reading 15rem/hr@2". Covering that plane source is 6 feet of high density concrete. In the middle of said concrete is a 1/2" x 8' horizontal gap. what is the reading @ 2 inches from this gap?

Show your work  :)
Radius of source= 20x20=400/3.1416=11.3ft.
6'2'' < 0.7 x Radius
Thumb Rule(s)
constant D/R (15Rem/Hr) from source to 0.1Radius (1.13ft)
0.1 Radius - 0.7 Radius = 1/3 Constant D/R = 5Rem/hr.

5 Rem/Hr.  Final Answer

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2012, 06:16 »
5 Rem/Hr.  Final Answer

I was gonna give you crap for digging up a post dead for 3 years, then I realized your handle was "Atomic Archeologist", and that's kinda your job, I suppose.

Offline wasteman

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2012, 06:38 »
give him a break, he's been working on solving the problem for three years!!

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #5 on: Mar 23, 2012, 10:46 »
Roy never specified PCF,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

atomicarcheologist

« Reply #6 on: Mar 26, 2012, 07:58 »
I was gonna give you crap for digging up a post dead for 3 years, then I realized your handle was "Atomic Archeologist", and that's kinda your job, I suppose.
No wonder you're the boss!  Took the wind right out of my sails by picking up on that immediately.   [censored]  I guess I'll have to pick my shovel up and go somewhere else. 
BTW,  [2cents] I thought it interesting that no one got on this in three years.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?