Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu A concern for myself honeypot

Author Topic: A concern for myself  (Read 3575 times)

Glowing_Since_09

A concern for myself
« on: Sep 08, 2009, 05:18 »
I joined the Nuke Program for the experience and difficulty. As of now, I have no clue what my future career goals are. I'm 70% leaning away from a Nuke type career ( because commercial plants don't care much about ex - Navy).

Is joining the program going to stall my career process in my later life, if I don't choose to continue my experience in the Nuke field?

Are the basic Navy incentives ( GI Bill and TA ) enough to just continue and take the Nuke field as an experience that will only benefit me personally other than career?

Offline x633ro

• Light User
Re: A concern for myself
« Reply #1 on: Sep 08, 2009, 10:01 »
I joined the Nuke Program for the experience and difficulty. As of now, I have no clue what my future career goals are. I'm 70% leaning away from a Nuke type career ( because commercial plants don't care much about ex - Navy).

Is joining the program going to stall my career process in my later life, if I don't choose to continue my experience in the Nuke field?

Are the basic Navy incentives ( GI Bill and TA ) enough to just continue and take the Nuke field as an experience that will only benefit me personally other than career?

Not sure where you got your info but we hire navy nukes all the time...

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #2 on: Sep 08, 2009, 10:37 »
Yeah um, like all of ops here is ex navy nukes. So are most of the other departments. So... yeah no one hires them I guess.  ::)

Justin

Offline deltarho

• An EOOW asked during his S/Y steam plant testing pre-watch tour, "Shouldn't those scram breakers be open?" K-thunk, K-thunk. "Uh-oh!"
  • Heavy User
  • I make alpha particle "direct delivery" systems.
« Reply #3 on: Sep 08, 2009, 11:05 »
I work for a company that is in the top half of the Fortune 500 list. It used to be 11th until major spin-offs took place. There is radiation, mostly alpha particles. I didn't need to know that to be hired...leadership was key.
The above has nothing to do with any real  or imagined person(s).  Moreover, any referenced biped(s) simulating real or imagined persons--with a pulse or not--is coincidental, as far as you know.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?