Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Still here...  

Author Topic: Still here...  (Read 2432 times)

midgetts

Still here...
« on: Sep 10, 2009, 04:59 »
It's been awhile since I've posted on here. I don't have much to add so I read all the new posts, see what I can learn and, of course, read all of the very entertaining responses  :D

My husband has submitted his "package" (is that the right term?) to whoever it is that decides on acceptance. I am trying not to stress about it, or even really think about it (easier said than done!) and we are just waiting. Is there anything we should be doing at this point? If we/ he would be disqualified for our credit, would it be now (not being allowed in the program) or later when it comes to the clearance? He's a reservist, so he goes straight to TPU and school, I don't know if that makes a difference.

Anyway, just thought I'd ask a few questions and check in to say we're still here!

Offline greenbean

• Moderate User
Re: Still here...
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2009, 07:55 »
I've submitted my application and we are going through the security background check/interview. Has your husband talked to the special investigator yet? When I spoke to my investigator I disclosed all the debts we had (credit cards/student loans) and he just wrote it down and kept asking questions. I think its more important that you are current on all of your payments than if you have a lot of debts. (At least that's what my recruiter said.)

My wife and I are in the same position as you guys, just waiting. I'm not a prior service, I'm looking to finish school (my second degree) and then go to serve as a SWO-(N). But I would imagine the acceptance process is about the same. Your husband may even be a little faster since he's already in the system.

I've heard that Sept is the end of the Navy's fiscal year. Could anyone comment on that? Would there be any reason for recruiters/HR to stall until October when new billets open up?

neutrons... Neutrons... NEUTRONS!

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #2 on: Sep 11, 2009, 12:41 »
I've heard that Sept is the end of the Navy's fiscal year. Could anyone comment on that? Would there be any reason for recruiters/HR to stall until October when new billets open up?

October 1 is fiscal year start for all things Federal

midgetts

« Reply #3 on: Sep 11, 2009, 05:49 »
He hasn't talked to anyone, as far as I know... Maybe that's the next step? Thanks for the reply, it's good to know we aren't the only ones waiting. He says "no news is good news" so I'll *try harder* to stay patient!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?