Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Used marijuana, lied about it at meps.

Author Topic: Used marijuana, lied about it at meps.  (Read 112678 times)

Offline Yaeger

• Light User
Re: Used marijuana, lied about it at meps.
« Reply #25 on: Aug 24, 2010, 03:12 »
They've always tried to emphasize the importance and necessity of reporting problems to the command.

Though, most people (me included) have always had a hard time deciding if the incident was bad enough that the command needed to know, or if I'd just become a blue falcon. I think that's something that everyone has struggled with: trying to define that fine line. Trying to take care of the situation at the lowest level possible, but knowing that the command will piss all over you if they find out about it.

Offline Jechtm

• Moderate User
« Reply #26 on: Aug 24, 2010, 12:49 »
They've always tried to emphasize the importance and necessity of reporting problems to the command.

Though, most people (me included) have always had a hard time deciding if the incident was bad enough that the command needed to know, or if I'd just become a blue falcon. I think that's something that everyone has struggled with: trying to define that fine line. Trying to take care of the situation at the lowest level possible, but knowing that the command will piss all over you if they find out about it.

If someones life is in danger, or will this affect me now and/or later?
"Truth is the Daughter of Inspiration;... It is like a finger pointing a way to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory."

~Bruce Lee

jowlman

« Reply #27 on: Aug 24, 2010, 02:22 »
I would also add, if you are a witness. Not just hearsay.

Offline Creeker

• Moderate User
« Reply #28 on: Aug 24, 2010, 04:01 »
Sigh..  I don't know, guys..  Would I, as a work center chief, really want my guys coming to me and informing every time someone did something wrong/against the rules?  Would I even want a work center full of guys who every time their conscience got the better of them, felt the need to self-report?  I don't think I would.  Should integrity have a sliding scale...  Nooooo, but there is a difference, in my eyes, between on one hand radioing maintenance, and on the other hand, drinking underage. 
Ship in port, Monday morning comes around.  PO Jones approaches me after quarters, and says "Chief, I was out Sat night and saw PO Smith drinking.  He doesn't turn 21 for another 2 months."  I suppose I'd rather not have that sort of work center where folks ran to turn each other in, no matter what the reason. 
On my first ship, we were a pretty tight work center, and covering for each other went on.  When a certain ET2 got thrown in a Tijuana jail, we scrambled, got a lot of money together, and pretty much bribed him out of there.  He was underway with us on monday morning, and we all breathed a sigh of relief, and life went on.  I'm not sure I'd like it the other way.

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #29 on: Aug 24, 2010, 07:37 »
I would agree that if you came to me and informed that somebody was drinking underage over the weekend that it's hearsay. How do I know you're not trying to get him in trouble? In that case I would pull him aside for some informal counseling, as there is no way to prove one way or the other unless he showed up drunk, which is entirely different. On the other hand, if you see some of your shipmates doing drugs over the weekend, there is a test for that, so it can be proven, so turn them in. Remember, if they're not capable of standing watch and you let them relieve you, you're in just as much trouble as they are, if not more.

Offline deltarho

• An EOOW asked during his S/Y steam plant testing pre-watch tour, "Shouldn't those scram breakers be open?" K-thunk, K-thunk. "Uh-oh!"
  • Heavy User
  • I make alpha particle "direct delivery" systems.
« Reply #30 on: Aug 26, 2010, 03:16 »
Ship in port, Monday morning comes around.  PO Jones approaches me after quarters, and says "Chief, I was out Sat night and saw PO Smith drinking.  He doesn't turn 21 for another 2 months."  I suppose I'd rather not have that sort of work center where folks ran to turn each other in, no matter what the reason.

I'm not clear on this.  Is this a foreign or domestic port?

On my first ship, we were a pretty tight work center, and covering for each other went on.  When a certain ET2 got thrown in a Tijuana jail, we scrambled, got a lot of money together, and pretty much bribed him out of there.  He was underway with us on monday morning, and we all breathed a sigh of relief, and life went on.  I'm not sure I'd like it the other way.

Tijuana jail?  I'm not sure whether the chain would look down on that, given the corruption in that area.  What would have happened if the chain found out that a division full of the ship's best D&D players were complicit in the attempt to cover up the scandal?  When I was in San Diego, the base CO dropped the drinking age on base to keep sailors from such harm.  Given that there is no legal drinking age in Mexico, the temptation to to scurry south for a drink was obviated.
The above has nothing to do with any real  or imagined person(s).  Moreover, any referenced biped(s) simulating real or imagined persons--with a pulse or not--is coincidental, as far as you know.

Offline Creeker

• Moderate User
« Reply #31 on: Aug 26, 2010, 10:04 »
The first case is hypothetical.. But let's assume it's NOB Norfolk.  The second event.. He was justified in getting arrested.  Best D&D players?  Now that's just plain mean spirited!

Offline deltarho

• An EOOW asked during his S/Y steam plant testing pre-watch tour, "Shouldn't those scram breakers be open?" K-thunk, K-thunk. "Uh-oh!"
  • Heavy User
« Reply #32 on: Aug 26, 2010, 11:33 »
The first case is hypothetical.. But let's assume it's NOB Norfolk.  The second event.. He was justified in getting arrested.  Best D&D players?  Now that's just plain mean spirited!

If you thought that was mean spirited, check out my previous posts!

Regards,

deltarho (ETCS(SW) RETIRED)
The above has nothing to do with any real  or imagined person(s).  Moreover, any referenced biped(s) simulating real or imagined persons--with a pulse or not--is coincidental, as far as you know.

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #33 on: Aug 26, 2010, 08:57 »
Tijuana is off limits now unless you're on leave. FYI.

Offline Creeker

• Moderate User
« Reply #34 on: Aug 26, 2010, 10:36 »
This was back in 1986/87.  TJ isn't first on my list of choice vacation spots.  But, it was an education when I was 22.

Offline deltarho

• Heavy User
« Reply #35 on: Aug 27, 2010, 12:52 »
This was back in 1986/87.  TJ isn't first on my list of choice vacation spots.  But, it was an education when I was 22.

Creeker,

Have you picked up on the idea that my mean spirited post was a tongue-in-cheek, self-deprecating comment? 

deltarho

Offline Creeker

• Moderate User
« Reply #36 on: Aug 27, 2010, 08:44 »
Have you picked up on the idea that my mean spirited post was a tongue-in-cheek, self-deprecating comment?  

Well, when I saw the ETCS (SW) Ret, I kind of got that idea.  I figured you might have been a dice chucking dragon slayer from way back when.  And I can't exactly dispute that in the early 90's I'd see a bit of RC div on the mess decks in the late evening busily exchanging magic cards.  (I was pretty much joking around saying that was mean spirited)
« Last Edit: Aug 27, 2010, 08:46 by Creeker »

Offline deltarho

• Heavy User
« Reply #37 on: Aug 27, 2010, 08:58 »

Well, when I saw the ETCS (SW) Ret, I kind of got that idea.  I figured you might have been a dice chucking dragon slayer from way back when.  And I can't exactly dispute that in the early 90's I'd see a bit of RC div on the mess decks in the late evening busily exchanging magic cards.  (I was pretty much joking around saying that was mean spirited)

You do realize that's how wars start...?

Offline Creeker

• Moderate User
« Reply #38 on: Aug 27, 2010, 09:13 »
:)   Peace!

Offline stormgoalie

• Former RP Supervisor, now an Engineer......
  • Very Heavy User
  • Go fast or go home!
« Reply #39 on: Aug 27, 2010, 09:38 »
You do realize that's how wars start...?

Be careful I hear that he has a +4 Holy Avenger under his Cloak of Displacement  ROFL
WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, or blasphemy.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #40 on: Aug 27, 2010, 02:01 »
No!!!! because you didn't use emoticons!!!!!!!!!!!

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P,...see how much they help,..... :->

heheheheheheh,....

Luckily there are no emo-ticons for TJ trannie barmaids, drunken de-nuked sailors  or larcenous Federales

Offline deltarho

• Heavy User
« Reply #41 on: Aug 28, 2010, 07:42 »
No!!!! because you didn't use emoticons!!!!!!!!!!!

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P,...see how much they help,..... :->

heheheheheheh,....

I cannot find the tongue in cheek emoticon... ???  Kindly add to the selection pool... ;)

Sun Dog

« Reply #42 on: Aug 28, 2010, 12:30 »
Luckily there are no emo-ticons for TJ trannie barmaids, drunken de-nuked sailors  or larcenous Federales

If there was one it might look like an INPO 4.5 Mae West curve along I-5.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?