News and Discussions > Illness & Injuries

Terence J. Shaffer needs a pacemaker.

(1/3) > >>

blackballedsnake:
Hey there all you 'ol timers...;) My dad (Terence) is getting a pacemaker "installed" on 9/15/09. He had a stress test done about 2 months ago. Well, when he did the "treadmill thing", his heart rate went down instead of up! :o The doctor said, "Hmm?" My dad (in classic form) said, "Ohh, that can't be good!" :(  Y'know, isn't that the way life is...he JUST retired (in March '09), and now this! ::) I worry about the 'ol man...as I should. ;D  - Mike "Snake" Shaffer. 8)

NJ:
Sorry to hear this news.  This will go well..at least he caught it early enough to enjoy his retirement.  Tell him he's in my prayers!
Nancy Jo

Content1:
I have a wierd heartbeat and I was investigate for a pacemaker.   I didn't need it at this time, but one thing I learned about modern pacemakers are they are a backup systems not in use unless the heartbeat gets too low and it kicks in to increase the rate.  Doesn't work otherwise like the 6 million dollar man.  They have their place and we are lucky such devices are available to prolong life.

hezabear:
Mike I will add your dad to my prayers. I have 2 friends with pacemakers and they are doing well. Take care of your Dad and yourself. Always Brad

blackballedsnake:
Thanks much NJ, Content1, and Heza Bear! :) It's nice to know that people care...my dad's been in the "nuke biz" since 1968! :o He started his career at Numec/B&W in Parks Township, Armstrong County, PA. (The people who worked there were known as the "Apollo Connection") When B&W got shut down by the N.I.M.B.Y.'s, he became a "roady" in 1977 with "outfits" like RAD Services, Chem-Nuclear, NSS, Numanco, Westinghouse, and Bartlett...yada, yada, yada! ;D He quit the "roady stuff" in the mid 90's, and settled into an office/sales/manager position with Master-Lee Energy. Now he's officially on "permanent vacation", so to speak. ;) He did what he had to do to provide for his family...I am VERY proud of my father, he deserves to enjoy every moment of his retirement! ;) ;D  - Snake. 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version