Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Hello All!!! honeypot

Author Topic: Hello All!!!  (Read 2969 times)

Offline Marc622

• Light User
Hello All!!!
« on: Sep 25, 2009, 03:13 »
Hey guys, I've been trolling around this forum for idk feels like 2-3 months? I figured I was finally ready to introduce myself. My name is Marcus and I leave for Great Lakes Oct 29 '09. I'm kind of excited to to go and get started but at the same time I'm nervous due to "how the military is." How should i say this? I'd rather not be the kid that's made and example of lol if you get my drift.

I've done alot of research, and I'm quite sure nuke is the way to go for me. Hopefully I'll enjoy my time and have a challenging but fun experience. I appreciate and welcome any advice you guys might have. I've been trying to think of some questions to ask but after reading through the majority of post I think I've been able to find the answers. Thanks for reading :p.

JustinHEMI05

Re: Hello All!!!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 25, 2009, 04:26 »
Congrats, good luck and thanks for your future service.

Advice;

Keep your hair in spec.

Keep your shoes black.

Keep your uniform pressed.

Keep your face shaved.

Say sir/ma'am/chief at the end of every sentence.

Do those simple military things, and no one will want to make an example out of you. If you have issues elsewhere, they will be more willing to help you if you can nail down basic military requirements.

Justin

PS One more thing, don't ever use the excuse "that is the way I was treated" to justify treating future subordinates badly.
« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2009, 04:28 by JustinHEMI »

Offline kahdgarxi

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2009, 05:49 »
Thanks for the words of advice Justin.

Hey Marcus. I'm shipping out on Oct 27. See you at RTC!

Offline Marc622

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 2009, 06:26 »
Thanks for the warm welcome and advice Justin, and I'll see you there at RTC Kahdgarxi.

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #4 on: Sep 25, 2009, 07:10 »
Hey guys, I've been trolling around this forum for idk feels like 2-3 months? I figured I was finally ready to introduce myself. My name is Marcus and I leave for Great Lakes Oct 29 '09. I'm kind of excited to to go and get started but at the same time I'm nervous due to "how the military is." How should i say this? I'd rather not be the kid that's made and example of lol if you get my drift.

I've done alot of research, and I'm quite sure nuke is the way to go for me. Hopefully I'll enjoy my time and have a challenging but fun experience. I appreciate and welcome any advice you guys might have. I've been trying to think of some questions to ask but after reading through the majority of post I think I've been able to find the answers. Thanks for reading :p.

Well before anyone else jumps on it, I would recommend that you leave out "txt" speech in any written communications you put forth from now on, especially putting them "willy nilly" in the middle of your sentences. 

Follow Justin's advice and you won't be made an example of, but you also won't turn any heads for good reasons either if you blend in with the rest of the crowd.  It can be a fine balancing act to stand out when you are supposed to and to blend in when it is in your best interest. 

Welcome to Nukeworker.com and thanks for standing the watch so I don't have to anymore.
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

Offline Marc622

• Light User
« Reply #5 on: Sep 26, 2009, 01:59 »
Well before anyone else jumps on it, I would recommend that you leave out "txt" speech in any written communications you put forth from now on, especially putting them "willy nilly" in the middle of your sentences.  

Sorry, it's a really bad habit that I need to break. Sadly it developed due to playing online videos games, specifically RPG's. I'll try to kept it in mind and thanks for the welcome. As for the standing out part, I'm going to make sure I volunteer in RTC for some type of position. Standing out = faster officer so I'll be sure to make sure I get myself noticed ( for the right reasons anyway).
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2009, 02:00 by Marc622 »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?