Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Pulp and Paper Engineer honeypot

Author Topic: Pulp and Paper Engineer  (Read 3827 times)

B.PRESGROVE

Pulp and Paper Engineer
« on: Sep 25, 2009, 07:42 »
Hey all I have a friend who was in the paper industry for a while and is no longer in the buisness.  He has a BS in Engineering with a concentration in Pulp and Paper.  Does he qualify to do engineering work in the nuke industry, to be more specific in the commercial side.  He worked his way up to plant manager within a few years and after several cuts his number finally came up for the chopping block.  I would hate to see all that talent go to waste. 

What do any of yall thing, Im curious to hear what the upper level guys think so he can get some idea as to what he is looking at.

Evilpixie

Re: Pulp and Paper Engineer
« Reply #1 on: Sep 26, 2009, 05:56 »
Paper engineering is more like chemical engineering; actually I think at some schools it is a focus of chemical engineering.  Um... he might be able to get a chemistry engineers position, although I know here it seems we require environmental degrees or equivalent experience in the chemistry program for these positions... I could be wrong on that, though, I'm in computer engineering and so not that familiar with their requirements. 

His management experience might apply, the not having nuke experience might hurt.  Does he have a license? If he has one of those, in and out of the industry that should take him far, at the very least as a consulting engineer.  It sounds like he has alot of possibilities.

Couldn't hurt to apply and I wish him the best of luck wherever he ends up!

B.PRESGROVE

Re: Pulp and Paper Engineer
« Reply #2 on: Sep 29, 2009, 06:47 »
Ill pass that along to him.  He has been taking his time looking for another job so.....
Thanks for the information.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?