Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Social Life/Just having fun? honeypot

Author Topic: Social Life/Just having fun?  (Read 18382 times)

Offline NightSister

• Lurker
  • California Sunshine
Re: Social Life/Just having fun?
« Reply #25 on: Nov 25, 2009, 06:13 »
Gaming can be a great hobby. I wear my Jinx swag to work whenever I get the chance. Its always fun to find fellow enthusiasts and to see their eyes widen in recognition and awe of your class shirt, or whatever your fancy is.

But it never should take importance over being excellent at your work. That is just common sense and maturity.

And for the record..  Thrall is Awesome!
He's seriously my hero.

Offline Jechtm

• Moderate User
« Reply #26 on: Nov 25, 2009, 08:43 »
Yeah, I've decided to keep my gaming at home, I get too carried away. Killed me in college, I'm not going to make the same mistake again. *at the same time my bro whose in A school right now asked me to give him my x box cause hes getting bored*...

"Truth is the Daughter of Inspiration;... It is like a finger pointing a way to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory."

~Bruce Lee

BuddyThePug

« Reply #27 on: Nov 25, 2009, 09:37 »
*at the same time my bro whose in A school right now asked me to give him my x box cause hes getting bored*...

3 words of advice for your brother in A school who needs an X-Box

" Pushup position...hut! "

then again, the Fleet needs more A-gang!   ;)

Good luck 17 days from now!

Offline Jechtm

• Moderate User
« Reply #28 on: Nov 29, 2009, 11:43 »
3 words of advice for your brother in A school who needs an X-Box

" Pushup position...hut! "

then again, the Fleet needs more A-gang!   ;)

Good luck 17 days from now!

Haha, yeah. He's in shape and pretty well mannered now thanks to basic. He's still got his Ego but I don't anything can take that away from him. He's getting enough Xbox time at a friends barracks whose in p-type now, game of choice there is Street Fighter IV. Can't imagine my bro getting carried away, he was never a big gamer after attending karate classes when he turned 14. Plus his SLPO says he is doing so good he's letting him go home for xmas leave*. Too bad 5 days after I leave, he'll be here... O well. Thx for your support =O.

(*Only reason why he is coming home: Originally he was going to take grad leave, but unfortunately my father who works 1.5 hrs away needs someone to take care of his 14 month old daughter. I am watching her at the moment, it sucks cause my recruiter asked is I wanted to leave early.... I could have chosen to go but I decided it was best for me and my father if I stayed. 1. Dad didn't need to hire a babysitter.. 2. I get to spend time with my family. Prior to all this I lived with a roommate a few towns away during college. So I didn't see much of them in the last 4 years. It was a good choice, though my sister suffers from SBBS {stinky baby butt syndrome  aka dirty diapers. LOL.} shes cute and I enjoy most of my time with her, so I don't care.)

"Truth is the Daughter of Inspiration;... It is like a finger pointing a way to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory."

~Bruce Lee

Donovan1687

« Reply #29 on: Dec 01, 2009, 04:57 »
I have justified my plan to bring my xbox as an investment in my future, as opposed to a distraction that needs to be thrown out. I figure if I have the 360 at home, I'll be less likely to spend money on gas, outside forms of entertainment, girls I won't meet (I'm married, so that's not applicable to me, but I figure I'd throw an extra arguing point out there.), and anything else that would require me to be social. I can put that extra money into savings, and in forty years when I'm pulling from my retirement, I'll be thankful that I bought the xbox instead of making friends and having life experiences.

Also, I suppose the lack of sun could be beneficial in my fight against looking like a leather sack at fifty. I'd call that killing two birds with one...headshot? I think that's an achievement in Halo  :P

Offline Jechtm

• Moderate User
« Reply #30 on: Dec 01, 2009, 06:35 »

Also, I suppose the lack of sun could be beneficial in my fight against looking like a leather sack at fifty. I'd call that killing two birds with one...headshot? I think that's an achievement in Halo  :P

Its not.

I think your reasoning is a bit peculiar, but I can agree that it kept me out of trouble and I didn't spend money other than a couple games a year.

It is a good investment, however for me its pretty distractive.

~Bruce Lee

Donovan1687

« Reply #31 on: Dec 01, 2009, 07:40 »
Jechtm

What day are you going to basic? I'm going on the 16th, and I recall yours being about the same time.

And most of my reasoning was done in jest or sarcastically, it's just hard to convey via internet. The point was I would rather be out doing one thing or another than inside playing video games, but it's a very practical way to wind down and the cost isn't really that bad. Maybe I should have just said that. I'll be much more serious from now on.

If you go to youtube you'll find a lot of videos of students having fun. Most of it is boxing matches or sliding through puddles when it rains, but it looks like if there isn't anything fun around people find something to do. Here's one of the links...

I'm not sure it's the most productive use of time, but it's more than just kids sitting around playing video games.

Offline Smooth Operator

• Moderate User
« Reply #32 on: Dec 01, 2009, 09:52 »
Real men are out chasing women, not playing video games.

This is the Post of the Year.

In retrospect I should of invested 10 hours a week of the 40 I was studying extra into chasing chicks.

Offline Jechtm

• Moderate User
« Reply #33 on: Dec 02, 2009, 06:39 »
The Paintball field really interested me. I had played once or twice before but I was 15 and it was too expensive for me at the time. I'd probably go invest some time on that during the weekends. Weekdays ill probably make extra time to workout and/or play some online games.

And yeah, we will be on the same ship, I leave on the 14th/15th too. I met some people on face book, they go the same day as well.

~Bruce Lee

Offline Jechtm

• Moderate User
« Reply #34 on: Dec 07, 2009, 11:28 »
Keep on playing boys...soon some one else will be mowing your lawn...

British tennis star Andy Murray has been having relationship problems of late. Unlike Tiger Woods, Murray hasn't been spending too much time with other women, however. He's been spending too much time on his Playstation.

Murray, the No. 4 ranked player in the world, was dumped by his long-time girlfriend Kim Sears due, in part, to the fact that he spent up to seven hours a day playing video games.

Win.

~Bruce Lee

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #35 on: Dec 07, 2009, 01:27 »
There's always hope...

Offline NightSister

• Lurker
  • California Sunshine
« Reply #36 on: Dec 11, 2009, 08:00 »
There's always hope...

That was excellent, Dave, and very true. And don't forget the Cons!
Yes, the stories are true, and the cake is not a lie.

>:-D/\

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?