Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu combining nuke rates into one rate, like the SEALs

Author Topic: combining nuke rates into one rate, like the SEALs  (Read 17681 times)

Content1

Re: combining nuke rates into one rate, like the SEALs
« Reply #25 on: Oct 12, 2009, 03:58 »
So from the posts the pecking order is:

ELT
ET
EM
MM

BM 

In a twist of irony, only an MM's can become an ELT.   Life is not fair.

withroaj

« Reply #26 on: Oct 12, 2009, 04:08 »

ELT
ET
EM
MM

BM 

Close.  It goes more like:

ELT

MM/EM/ET (in any order)

Offline rumrunner

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #27 on: Oct 12, 2009, 10:20 »
the organizational skills and time management I learned as the mightiest of all rates comes in fairly handy. 

And that is the secret to being an excellent ELT .  Being able to manage many things simultaneously and timing them in some cases to the second without being distracted by other things.  Really, it wasn't so much about being some sort of chemistry genius as it was being able to juggle and know the specs and how to stay within them, even when the nomographs told you otherwise.
Dave

Offline Smooth Operator

• Moderate User
« Reply #28 on: Oct 12, 2009, 10:34 »
Yet another good discussion decomposing into yet another cliche of rating round-a-bout. Aren't there enough of these rating bashing threads already stinking up these boards. Geeze nukes, get over it!! We were trying to discuss merging the ratings, which makes sense with the future of more automated ERs and reduced manning....and then the discussion goes to mudslinging again, as always, and it pisses me off, because for the last damn times, ELTs are awesome and the rest of you all suck.  ;D

Fermi2

« Reply #29 on: Oct 12, 2009, 11:43 »
AS an impartial observer I'd have to say the ELT's are the most focused and get up go types of all the Navy Nukes.
Their Can Do attitude and Git R Done mentality should be mantras for the lesser nuke types to live by.

JsonD13

« Reply #30 on: Oct 13, 2009, 09:07 »
I dont see a rating merger being able to happen unless you can have a specialty NEC like mechanical, electrical, RADCON, chemistry, etc.  Operating the plant may be one thing, especially when automation comes into play, but you cannot perform PMS and corrective maintenance without a strong background in that specialty. 

The Navy should take a look at how civilian plants operate, and model this if they are looking at changing their program.  Most of the plants on the outside already have most valves and equipment operable from the control room, yet there are still different maintenance trades as well as operators.  Not saying that they could achieve the same thing being that they have much less people, but maybe make everyone an operator but each person has a specialty rating.

Jason

BuddyThePug

« Reply #31 on: Oct 13, 2009, 10:55 »

ELT
ET
EM
MM

BM 

Isn't that like how the pawn gets to the end of the chessboard, and becomes a Queen?  :P

Offline bradley535

• Light User
  • My employer found me at NukeWorker.com
« Reply #32 on: Oct 13, 2009, 11:58 »
Isn't that like how the pawn gets to the end of the chessboard, and becomes a Queen?  :P

Queen, huh?... Yeah, I guess that would fairly well describe about every ELT I've known.

As for combining rates; I've heard that one since I joined in 2001. Eight years later, I've been in and have gotten out, and I'm still hearing about it but seeing no real steps. I'm not real sure it's a good idea. I've known great MMs that would have been horrible ETs. I've known great ETs that I wouldn't trust to turn a scuttlebutt valve. If you combined the rates you'd have to put a lot of people into positions that they aren't comfortable with, or you'd have to exclude a lot of people from positions they would otherwise be great at. If it can be pulled off, then Kudos to the one who can come up with a viable solution; but I've yet to see one.
« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2009, 12:06 by bradley535 »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?