Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu ELT getting out of Navy

Author Topic: ELT getting out of Navy  (Read 3756 times)

Offline Timmy85

• Lurker
  • You can't hug kids with nuclear arms.
ELT getting out of Navy
« on: Oct 06, 2009, 06:57 »
Just looking for further advice if you have any.  I have already completed multiple resumes and have been actively job hunting for a couple weeks now. I am looking at continuing my career in chemistry, but it seems that a lot of people are that way in that I have yet to find a plant that is hiring Nuclear Chemists.  The companies that I have found that interest me so far are Palo Verde(APS), San Onotre(SCE), Diablo Canyon(PGE), STP(NRG) and LES uranium enrichment plant in NM.  Any advice or help on really anything would be much appreciated.  It can't hurt right.
« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2009, 06:59 by Timmy85 »
Timothy D. Hewitt

Offline Smooth Operator

• Moderate User
Re: ELT getting out of Navy
« Reply #1 on: Oct 07, 2009, 04:28 »
Oyster Creek is hiring a Chem Tech(s)
Calvert Cliffs is hiring a Chem Tech(s)
Dresden is hiring a Environmental Chemist
Monticello is hiring a Chem Supv
St. Lucie is hiring back shift rad tech
Turkey Point is hiring rad tech and really really needs rad techs for outage

Depending on your education and training, not sure if your qual for tech or supv.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #2 on: Oct 07, 2009, 06:59 »
Just looking for further advice if you have any.  I have already completed multiple resumes and have been actively job hunting for a couple weeks now. I am looking at continuing my career in chemistry, but it seems that a lot of people are that way in that I have yet to find a plant that is hiring Nuclear Chemists.  The companies that I have found that interest me so far are Palo Verde(APS), San Onotre(SCE), Diablo Canyon(PGE), STP(NRG) and LES uranium enrichment plant in NM.  Any advice or help on really anything would be much appreciated.  It can't hurt right.

I know someone that just quit LES.  Guess it's Middle-of-Nowhere...  Make sure you actually want to be in that situation before you commit.

I've worked all the others...Diablo is far & away the best work environment - but cost of living is high.  

All except STP have a 'Western' attitude...STP is 'Southern'.  (...just a factor to be considered...)

You seem to be focusing on the west/commercial?  If so, throw Columbia in the mix...they have a good group in chemistry.
« Last Edit: Oct 07, 2009, 09:36 by UncaBuffalo »
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

kwicslvr

« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2009, 10:43 »
STP is currently not hiring chem techs.  Maybe in 3 to 6 months.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?