Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Mike Phillis
honeypot

Author Topic: Mike Phillis  (Read 11659 times)

rapid

Mike Phillis
« on: May 10, 2004, 10:47 »
Mike had a heart attack on Friday 5-7-04 and passed away, he was working here at Fernald.

Mike is survived by his wife and 3 daughters.

There goes another good one.

Lets keep Mike's family lifted up in prayers as they deal with this untimely event in there lifes.

GOD bless all

rapid ray

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Re: Mike Phillis
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 11:36 »
God bless. I will miss you.

ex-turbine_cowboy

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 12:21 »
I don't know what to say  :'( It seems like only yesterday that I worked with Mike at Fernald.  He was a great person to know and will be missed by all who knew him.  I will lift his wife and daughters in prayer.

See you on the other side Mike..........

Offline Laning

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 02:38 »
My first encounter with Mike occurred at Ft Calhoun in the fall of '88. He was a Jr, I was a Decon Supervisor. We disagreed on a particlar issue. He let me have it with both barrels...fiesty bastard that he was.

I later worked very closely with him at Fernald. He was a hoot to work with. We laughed our asses off..all day...everyday. We had very similar backgrounds and formed what I had hoped to be a lifelong friendship. As it turns out, it was. I'll miss ya Buddy!!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2004, 05:20 by Laning »
If you're gonna be dumb, ya gotta be tough

oldradman

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2004, 07:47 »
Mike was a great  person, and a Great Rct. It was a pleasure, to have had the opportunity to have known him and to have worked with him. To his Wife and children you are in my prayers. God BLESS                                                                           Mike Phillis   YOU WILL BE MISSED VERY DEARLY :'(
« Last Edit: May 10, 2004, 07:53 by oldradman »

slattmandu

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2004, 02:33 »
Did Mike growup in Michigan? Did he start as a security officer and then become a deconner before he became a rp tech?

Offline Martianman

• RadCon Tech
  • Very Lite User
  • Mars reigns! Resistance is futile!
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2004, 04:15 »
I worked with Mike at Fernald. When he was calm, he was ice cold. When he got his dander up though...ahh well. He will be missed.
"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Capture that Earth creature and bring back the Illudium Pu-36 explosive space modulator." Marvin the Martian

Offline Laning

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2004, 11:54 »
SlattManDu,

Sounds like you have the right guy. Mike grew up in the D.C Cook area;worked as a security guard there before joining Hydro Nuc.
If you're gonna be dumb, ya gotta be tough

jjordan

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2004, 04:19 »
I worked with Mike a few outages at Beaver Valley, always enjoyed working with him. He was a good tech and a fine indidual. I will miss him. I'm always saddened to read of my friends who have passed away. :'(
JJ

slattmandu

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2004, 12:40 »
I worked with Mike at Cook, Grand Gulf and last seen him at Pilgrim in 87. My deepest sympathy to his family! I'm stunned he was always a class act .

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2004, 05:48 »
i hate getting messages like this!  rest in peace, mike!  god bless your family.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

TCDAVE

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2004, 04:48 »
Just read about Mike. I woked with him at "Fernobyl" for many years. Thoughts & prayers to Ivy and the girls.

wendy

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2004, 09:38 »
I grew up with Mike in Michigan and just heard of his untimely passing. From reading your memories of him it sounds like he never changed. Great sense of humor and could be just a fiery spitball but truly a gentle soul. I can still hear that belly laugh.
My prayers go out to his family. If anyone can tell me how to call, write or email his family or his sister, Gail  I would really appreciate it. Or if there was scholarship funds set up for his kids or a special charity to make donations to. By the way..he
went by Perchie growing up and I can t help but still think of him that way.

When God measures a man, He puts the tape around his heart instead of the head.

RNN

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2004, 11:36 »
I worked with Mike at Fernald and I'm sad to hear he has passed on he was a great guy.

RNN

Offline idrum4food

• Moderate User
  • If ya need air, rope, or wings to get ta where yur goin, ya don't need ta go.
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2004, 07:51 »
Mike was a close friend of ours and will be missed. Our prayers are with you Mike, Ivy and kids.

Dave and Shirley Johnson

OldNuc

« Reply #15 on: Jun 14, 2004, 05:24 »
What a great guy!  NObody told a funny line better than Mike,  and so dedicated to the Cubs!  A great Dad and husband and co-worker at Fernald....................
Rest in peace my friend.....

Offline Bingo

• Rad Supervisor
  • Light User
  • GO Cubs !!!
« Reply #16 on: Jun 20, 2004, 10:16 »
Didn't know Mike, but a Nuke and a Cubs fan.... Must have been a great guy !!!

dolfan

« Reply #17 on: Nov 25, 2004, 02:41 »
If their ever was a good and geniue person it was Mike. It saddens me deeply to find out that such a wonderful friend has past away. I haven't seen him years but he was the kind of person that you never forget, always quick with a joke and a laugh or to pitch in and give a hand. Mike you will be deeply missed by all. My prayers are with you Ivy. Thanks for the memories Jerry

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?