Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu employment or training options  

Author Topic: employment or training options  (Read 3735 times)

Offline vjgrubbs

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
employment or training options
« on: Oct 11, 2009, 08:56 »
I need advice, I worked for 13 yrs at a hazardous waste clean up site near Cincinnati, Ohio. The site is now closed. I worked as a hazardous waste tech and a chemical operator/ controlroom operator. I am taking classes at a local college for environmental engineering, but I would like to find something more specific to a job field. I am interested in rad tech training or an operators license but I do not know where to find them? Maybe an apprenticeship or operator in training position? I have alot of DOE training in hazardous waste removal and shipping. I also received a chemical operator certificate from DOE and Fluor Daniels Fernald, but we processed hazardous waste not nuclear operations? I cant find much of a job market in hazardous waste? Any help, advice or suggestions would be very appreciated. Thank you!

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: employment or training options
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2009, 10:13 »
Check www.fedjobs.gov , there are sometimes openings in Anniston, AL along the lines of what you did. Also, if you run certain keyword in the search box of fedjobs.gov there are lots of other interesting related positions

Offline vjgrubbs

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2009, 11:00 »
 Thank you for the advice. I will try the web site! Everyone is very helpful on here I appreciate you taking the time to reply :)

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2009, 04:43 »
Yah check there and there is also a plant in several other states that process haz waste.  I worked on Johnston Atoll for about 6 months incinerating chemical weapons.  Cool job but to far from home for me, but they have opened several sites in the US to do the same kinda work.  Check out chemical weapons demil on google and they should bring up a list.  Good luck.

Offline vjgrubbs

• Very Lite User
« Reply #4 on: Oct 16, 2009, 01:17 »
Thank you very much, I will try that and see what turns up.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?