Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Outage positive reinforcement  

Author Topic: Outage positive reinforcement  (Read 26669 times)

Offline Smooth Operator

• Moderate User
Re: Outage positive reinforcement
« Reply #25 on: Oct 17, 2009, 03:37 »
Its a paycheck for all and a career for some.

Reward = Money
Reward = Paid Time Off
Reward = Documented

Save the lollipops and trinkets for reinforcing the 4 year old that pooped all by himself.

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #26 on: Oct 17, 2009, 04:15 »
As my dear ol' dad use to say, "Screw the rewards you d*** a** just give me the money in my pay check, or if thats too complicated for you, open your wallet and insert money into my hand."  Simple yet affective.

Jr8black3

« Reply #27 on: Oct 17, 2009, 04:38 »
They tried this crap at fermi.. and give them a free ice cream,, bad thing was the cafe wasn't open then.. What a waste of time.. Free ice cream that you can't even get..

Bottom line is you do your job doesn't matter if on S/G platform or working the refuel floor, or the Turbine deck.. I never sighned on to a job for free ice cream.. I only go to make some $$$$...

Offline rumrunner

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #28 on: Oct 17, 2009, 05:53 »
Free ice cream...that evokes a bad memory at Browns Ferry, and one they did to we house people since it was a "reward" for a forced outage.  On day shift the senior managers staffed an ice cream stand with all the fixings for cones, sundaes, etc.  Whipped cream, nuts, sprinkles, bananas, cherries.  That was on day shift.  Those of us on midshift got boxes of ice cream sandwiches and nutty buddies they left for us in the plant manager's break room freezer.  I had the high honor and rare privilege of being selected to hand them out to the backshift Craft, RP, Ops, and Security crews.  So I was the face of the lazy management that couldn't see fit to treat all shifts equally.   
Dave

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #29 on: Oct 18, 2009, 02:01 »
A little more grist for the Mill:

Just an empirically derived field observation, the Outage daily newsletter publishes the winners of the “candy coupons”. Of the outage demographics, the majority of the crafts are older crusty sweaty workmen. Of the coupon winner list, there seems to be a disappropriate  number of young attractive females winners that their job function involves fire extinguishers, FME logs, and masslinn mops.
My father use to tell me about a time in France when Nylons and Chocolate bars could get you…….

...and amazingly enough the winner of the ipod is a house person... "randomly selected"... and announced in the newsletter. Didn't say randomly drawn. Makes ya wonder. Been a great outage to be so short staffed.

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #30 on: Oct 18, 2009, 07:00 »
...and amazingly enough the winner of the ipod is a house person... "randomly selected"... and announced in the newsletter. Didn't say randomly drawn. Makes ya wonder. Been a great outage to be so short staffed.

Most of the large outage prizes at VY are won by contractors - including a big ass 4-wheeler a few outages ago (hope you still enjoying it J)

Corporate bean counters are cracking down - worry about taxes, etc - so the trinkets are going away. Oh well, folks still come, we still have an outage, and we are coming up on a full year online since the last one, so everyone does their job when they are here.

Peace... ;)
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Cainnibl

« Reply #31 on: Oct 19, 2009, 12:35 »
I wanted the 42" (or was it 52"?) flat screen they had last outage... altho.. I seem to remember PAYING to enter that one.... it was not a "positive reinforcement" trinket.

I seem to remember they screwed up and had too many people selling tickets. And not all the entries had been turned in at the time of the drawing... once they found this out they did a 2nd drawing from the batch that was left out of the first drawing and bought ANOTHER TV to keep things fair.

I think an operator won 1 of them.

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #32 on: Oct 19, 2009, 06:43 »
I wanted the 42" (or was it 52"?) flat screen they had last outage... altho.. I seem to remember PAYING to enter that one.... it was not a "positive reinforcement" trinket.

I seem to remember they screwed up and had too many people selling tickets. And not all the entries had been turned in at the time of the drawing... once they found this out they did a 2nd drawing from the batch that was left out of the first drawing and bought ANOTHER TV to keep things fair.

I think an operator won 1 of them.

Yup, one of our brand spankin new instants - personable guy, still in the pipeline last I saw. Hopefully the TV is keeping the family distracted while he studies.... ;)
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?