Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Outage CRUD

Author Topic: Outage CRUD  (Read 6273 times)

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy Metal Poster Child
  • Heavy User
  • you don't know the power of the dark side.
Outage CRUD
« on: Oct 15, 2009, 10:57 »
The infamous Outage CRUD, aka cold, flu, stomach bug, Swine Flu, or H1N1.

I haven’t seen any statistics yet on whether the CRUD has been worse this outage season or not, but it seems worse. More people have been calling in sick then I remember from past outages. I didn’t catch it the last two or three, but I got hammered for three days with symptoms this outage. The management has been putting  out H1N1 precautions about staying home if you’re sick----but of course the additional resource personnel (contractors is not PC anymore) are here for the money and most don’t get the option of a paid sick day anyway so they’re coming to work even when feeling bad enough they should call in. (I’m guilty as charged).

So the question is: How bad is the outage CRUD at your site/outage? 
"Never underestimate the power of a Dark Klown"

Darkmatters website is no more, nada, gonzo, 
http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

RADBASTARD

Re: Outage CRUD
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 2009, 12:32 »
The swine flu is hitting cooper and there are also alot of people sick with other illnesses

Offline Old HP

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: Oct 16, 2009, 04:40 »
Crystal River has cornered the market on outage crud. The bus ride provides an additional breeding ground for germs on top of the added bonus of too short of a sleep cycle due to the extra hour+ spent each day on the bus. There are lots of the walking sick here due to the loss of pay and perdiem that comes from missing even one day.
Oops it is time to head off to catch the bus....

Cainnibl

« Reply #3 on: Oct 16, 2009, 06:03 »
I found I get sick alot less often when I hold my breath in the PCM's

think about it... you step in and put your face less than an inch away from the same spot 1000+ other people have been breathing on all day.

I'd love to see someone culture that some outage.... just to see what grows.

Offline MGH

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Oct 05, 2013, 10:27 »
It was tough in the days when we were handing respirators out like candy. The crud seemed to last a lot longer.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?