Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Questions about affiliated college that accept credit from the Nuke pipeline

Author Topic: Questions about affiliated college that accept credit from the Nuke pipeline  (Read 3174 times)

PotentialNuke

I have read that Renneslaer is willing to work with persons who have completed NPS, and am wondering if anybody has taken their option, and is this just an apply and go opportunity. I am curious as to whether or not their admissions are the same as if you had not passed the pipeline, or if they are going out of their way to give one a good opportunity. Thank you guys/goyls for your time, looking forward to the program. Leave for boot in 2 days.
Elias

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
Before I start saying anything: DISCLAIMER: I have not attended RPI and anything I say here is based on my potentially faulty memory.

I believe RPI had a program worked out to allow staff at NPTU Ballston Spa to take the courses they needed to get a BS in the 3 years they are stationed in NY. Basically they had class schedules so you could attend no matter what shift you were on. I don't know what the degree was in, although I think it was either nuclear engineering or nuclear engineering technology. Since this course of study requires on campus classes, if you don't make it through the pipeline, you're probably not going to use this.
On the other hand, Old Dominion University, Thomas Edison State College, and Excellsior all accept credits from Power School and you can either transfer credits from local community colleges or take their classes online, so they might be a better choice, after you've finished all the training. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TAKE COLLEGE COURSES WHILE IN THE NUKE PIPELINE! You are ineligible for TA and the GI Bill as a student, and you'll have more than enough school to keep you busy without it.

LaFeet

I got to agree with MMM... I think it very unwise attempting to take college courses while enrolled as a student in the Navys Nuclear Program.  Wait until you graduate and then seek out those degrees.

Either way, good luck and thank you for your service - Pablo

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?