Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu got caught

Author Topic: got caught  (Read 54088 times)

jabONE

Re: got caught
« Reply #50 on: Jun 29, 2010, 08:23 »
I was actually responding to someone else who implied that using marijuana is illegal which it is not. I personally do not care if someone uses pot, me myself I do not use it but who am I to say that someone else can't. All I'm saying is if you at least go to rehab you are showing potential employers that you are trying to quit something even if it's not addictive in nature and may help you more than if you didn't go to rehab. Whether someone actually quits is up to him and what he does in his own time but one should know that if you do not quit and you do get hired that you can always be tested again by some other employer. I was not trying to imply that yeah go to rehab so you can get hired and then not quit using. So if ya'll misunderstood me then I'm sorry.

MacGyver

« Reply #51 on: Jun 29, 2010, 08:29 »
I was actually responding to someone else who implied that using marijuana is illegal which it is not. I personally do not care if someone uses pot, me myself I do not use it but who am I to say that someone else can't. All I'm saying is if you at least go to rehab you are showing potential employers that you are trying to quit something even if it's not addictive in nature and may help you more than if you didn't go to rehab. Whether someone actually quits is up to him and what he does in his own time but one should know that if you do not quit and you do get hired that you can always be tested again by some other employer. I was not trying to imply that yeah go to rehab so you can get hired and then not quit using. So if ya'll misunderstood me then I'm sorry.

Riiiiiiiigggggggggggggggggghh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht.

You know if it makes you feel better I am in the Number 1 and Number 2 business daily.  And, though this started off as a Number 1 it has now ended with a distinct Number 2.

OBTW, You don't have to be sorry for MY mis-understandings.  They are mine and mine alone.  Ahhhhhhhh, memories of my own youth and ignorance (i.e. inexperience).

Peace.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #52 on: Jun 29, 2010, 09:10 »
I was actually responding to someone else who implied that using marijuana is illegal which it is not.

jabRONE , did you actually read bradley535's link, or just digging the hole deeper?

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #53 on: Jun 29, 2010, 09:23 »
Interesting that the OP is no longer on NW.
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

jabONE

« Reply #54 on: Jun 29, 2010, 09:56 »
I never said I was a NUKE. Just someone interested in going into the nuclear field.

MacGyver

« Reply #55 on: Jun 30, 2010, 06:38 »

I never said I was a NUKE. Just someone interested in going into the nuclear field.

Well get a DOSE of reality now before you speak again on this subject.  You don't have to be a NUKE (commercial or navy) to get a BCD.

EVEN legal (state sponsored medical pot) is ILLEGAL Federally.  Read this story:  Employee Fired for Medical Marijuana

Offline KUrunner

• Moderate User
« Reply #56 on: Jun 30, 2010, 08:27 »
Even Wal-Mart drug tests.  Just saying...
The first rule of thermodynamics is you don't talk about thermodynamics.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #57 on: Jun 30, 2010, 09:14 »
Nobody owes anybody a fair warning in this economy.

You guys are too kind to the stupid.

Hey now! You were way too kind to the nubs first!  :P

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #58 on: Jun 30, 2010, 09:24 »
Where were you when my buddy got a DUI (or something similar) for merely having pot in his system?  Where were you for another friend whose license remains revoked after 5 years, his lawyer telling him that maybe going to rehab didn't look so good for his case?  You see, here in the real (nuclear) world, we don't speak on things we think we know about.  Ask a real nuke a question and he'll answer it directly and provide reference.  You just spew philosophical crap without basis.  

Interesting.

I had never heard of rehab counting against anyone...

I'll include that info in my answer if anyone ever asks me again.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2010, 09:27 by UncaBuffalo »
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline spekkio

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #59 on: Jun 30, 2010, 08:51 »
You guys are too kind to the stupid.
There are people that can make strong arguments that it is stupid to abstain from certain drugs, and it doesn't preclude people from employment everywhere. Philosophical discussion for another time, but just throwing that out there.

However, there are certain professions that will not tolerate drug use. Military is one of those professions.

co60slr

« Reply #60 on: Jun 30, 2010, 09:40 »
There are people that can make strong arguments that it is stupid to abstain from certain drugs, and it doesn't preclude people from employment everywhere. Philosophical discussion for another time, but just throwing that out there.

However, there are certain professions that will not tolerate drug use. Military is one of those professions.
No one tolerates it....when they find them.  That seems to be the tricky part sometimes...for everyone.
« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2010, 09:50 by Co60Slr »

Offline spekkio

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #61 on: Jul 01, 2010, 05:42 »
That's simply not true.

co60slr

« Reply #62 on: Jul 01, 2010, 07:25 »
That's simply not true.
Which part?   The point of this thread has illustrated that when flushed out of the NNPP, Commercial Nuclear is not a consolation prize.  They can go research the "letter of the law" all they want, but the bottom line is that no one HAS to hire a drug user that was terminated for cause.

IPREGEN

« Reply #63 on: Jul 01, 2010, 09:12 »
Some places require successful documented completion of a rehab treatment program and then a time period after that, 6 months to a year is the normal range. But they are never obligated to hire anyone. This goes for alcohol and drug issues.

co60slr

« Reply #64 on: Jul 01, 2010, 01:21 »
The policies are varied, but illicit drug dependent employees can save their jobs by use of such programs.
This is in the vast unknown category of case-by-case "maybes".   As a nuke, self-confession is always the right answer for a variety of scenarios.  However, I think the fundamental message for nukeworkers and all lurkers is that if you do drugs in the nuclear industry (military or commercial) then: 1) you're going to get caught, and 2) your nuclear career is done.  Hence, these threads are useless for the OP since we don't know the whole story and we're not in the review chain for his/her substance abuse issue.

Why is this a debate here today?  If you want a ex-Navy drug user in your facility then help him out.  Otherwise, I think it's overly easy to post the "feel sorry for the poor guy" opinion when you know he won't be hired at your plant.

jabONE

« Reply #65 on: Jul 01, 2010, 02:53 »
Even Wal-Mart drug tests.  Just saying...

LOL I know cause I work there, FOR NOW. You get drug tested when you get hired on and if you fail you don't get hired. They also drug test you anytime there is an incident report filed and you actually go to a doctor. So for drug users at Wal-Mart you better hope you never get injured on the job. Other than that they don't drug test you, I mean they retain the right to randomly drug test but they never do. I've known people to come into the store that I work at completely high and no one ever knew it. As for drug testing, there are always ways around drug tests so you may not necessarily get caught as long as you know what you are doing. But still isn't worth the risk to me. All I was saying earlier was that rehab would look better to a potential employer than someone who got fired for a drug related problem and didn't go to rehab.

co60slr

« Reply #66 on: Jul 01, 2010, 04:15 »
I'm illustrating there is not an absolute on this drug use by a nuclear employee debate.
I try to avoid the drug and security clearance related threads altogether.   There's no point in anyone posting/responding really since it's all case-by-case.   I've coached myself for violating my own rule this time...

:-X

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #67 on: Jul 01, 2010, 08:48 »
As for drug testing, there are always ways around drug tests so you may not necessarily get caught as long as you know what you are doing.

The 35 dollar field test kit, maybe. The gas chromatigraph tells no lies.

Instead of dwelling on how-to-maybe-beat-a-piss test , howzabout focusing on planning a future success in Nuclear? ;)

jabONE

« Reply #68 on: Jul 02, 2010, 12:21 »
The 35 dollar field test kit, maybe. The gas chromatigraph tells no lies.

Instead of dwelling on how-to-maybe-beat-a-piss test , howzabout focusing on planning a future success in Nuclear? ;)

I have no need to beat a test as I personally do not use any drugs as I have stated. But that doesn't mean that I don't have alot of friends who do use marijuana. I am trying to focus on a career in the Nuclear Field and hopefully I'll make it. I mean I know it's gonna be alot of hard work but I can do and I'm prepared to. It's taken 4 years of being out of school and working at a job I hate and won't get anywhere with to realise what I want to do and I'm not about to screw that up.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #69 on: Jul 02, 2010, 12:42 »

I have no need to beat a test as I personally do not use any drugs as I have stated. But that doesn't mean that I don't have alot of friends who do use marijuana.

Just as another heads-up.....the Navy does a background check for security clearance...having a bunch of '420 homies' may not have the happiest result. YMMV

jabONE

« Reply #70 on: Jul 02, 2010, 12:47 »
LOL Eh well if the Navy is gonna disqualify me because I have friends who smoke pot then so be it. It's kind of unfair and utterly ridiculous in my opinion but oh well. I've never had any trouble with the law other than traffic tickets like anyone else. Oh and I got a suspended license because I missed my court date by one day once but I paid the ticket as soon as I realised I had missed my court date and then got my license straightened out so I'm no longer on a suspended license. Will that possibly disqualify me?

Offline deltarho

• An EOOW asked during his S/Y steam plant testing pre-watch tour, "Shouldn't those scram breakers be open?" K-thunk, K-thunk. "Uh-oh!"
  • Heavy User
  • I make alpha particle "direct delivery" systems.
« Reply #71 on: Jul 02, 2010, 02:21 »
LOL Eh well if the Navy is gonna disqualify me because I have friends who smoke pot then so be it. It's kind of unfair and utterly ridiculous in my opinion but oh well. I've never had any trouble with the law other than traffic tickets like anyone else. Oh and I got a suspended license because I missed my court date by one day once but I paid the ticket as soon as I realised I had missed my court date and then got my license straightened out so I'm no longer on a suspended license. Will that possibly disqualify me?

You may not be worrying about the drugs, but you will be disqualified for using alternate British spellings, such as for "realize," because it shows that you do not pay attention to detail.

Just kidding!
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2010, 02:22 by deltarho »
The above has nothing to do with any real  or imagined person(s).  Moreover, any referenced biped(s) simulating real or imagined persons--with a pulse or not--is coincidental, as far as you know.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #72 on: Jul 02, 2010, 02:49 »

My man jabRONE...just as I think you have your sights set on this Nuclear thing you go and disappoint me. Imagine yourself suddenly in the shoes of the bespectacled 52 year old bitter ex-Halliburton guy doing your DoD clearance review there at  Defense Investigative Service... "Applicant.....knowingly associates with drug users with prior convictions... DMV reports "failure to appear" and a license suspend..." sets your file down, reaches over to his shirt pocket for his crushproof Marlboro box, muttering to himself "my first denial of the week" as he wanders out of his cube towards the designated Smoking Area on the building porch.

you see, jabRONE, it's not just us nitwits here on nubworker.com that you have to impress, it's the people with decision-making authority over your career and life. Sometimes that person might be one and the same, especially if you apply for an officer program later on in your career. Instead of looking for exceptions, shortcuts and excuses, focus on meeting the challenge!

jabONE

« Reply #73 on: Jul 02, 2010, 04:38 »
I know what happened with the whole failure to appear thing is they changed my court date on me by a couple days without letting me know. I called a few days before my scheduled court date to make sure I had the time right and they were like your court date was yesterday. So I asked them what I needed to do and they said that I just needed to pay the fine and everything would be fine. So I went and paid the fine and then received a letter saying my license was going to get suspended and so it got suspended for a short period till I could straighten everything out. But I got it all straightened out and everything is fine now, all traffic  violations have been paid for and I got a valid license now. I haven't gotten a ticket in over a year so I'm hoping I don't get disqualified based on all that. Anyways yes I have friends who smoke pot, doesn't make mean I smoke pot or anything.  Doesn't make me or even them for that matter bad people. Who I hang out with outside of work should be no one's concern but mine and certainly should not disqualify me from a job if I had the credentials.

Offline deltarho

• An EOOW asked during his S/Y steam plant testing pre-watch tour, "Shouldn't those scram breakers be open?" K-thunk, K-thunk. "Uh-oh!"
  • Heavy User
  • I make alpha particle "direct delivery" systems.
« Reply #74 on: Jul 02, 2010, 05:14 »
Who I hang out with outside of work should be no one's concern but mine and certainly should not disqualify me from a job if I had the credentials.

I'm afraid you may be right in the future, given the current president.  But you are not correct at the moment.  Why do you think there is a "don't ask, don't tell" policy?  This was the liberal's way of keeping in service of their country those 10% or so of society's square pegs that do not fit into round holes. (I came up with that germane pun all by my lonesome) If it didn't matter what they did behind closed doors, on their "own" time, there wouldn't be such a policy.

And while we are on the subject of "own time"... Once you sign a contract, you are government property, which means you are effectively owned by the government.  Any liberties that you enjoy while thusly owned or employed is purely at the pleasure of said owner--NOT YOU!

I realize the Pepsi commercials probably gave you the impression that your moral relativism is in alignment with society; but here lately, tea sales are going through the roof.

deltarho
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2010, 05:17 by deltarho »
The above has nothing to do with any real  or imagined person(s).  Moreover, any referenced biped(s) simulating real or imagined persons--with a pulse or not--is coincidental, as far as you know.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?