Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Rock Slide honeypot

Author Topic: Rock Slide  (Read 3532 times)

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
Rock Slide
« on: Oct 25, 2009, 02:45 »
For all my traveling friends....

RALEIGH, N.C. (Oct. 25) — A rockslide in western North Carolina near the Tennessee state line has closed Interstate 40, and officials say it could take several months to clear the debris. The state Department of Transportation on Sunday issued an emergency declaration. Initial estimates from engineers are that it could take several months to clean up the entire slide and restore traffic.

The rockslide occurred shortly after 2 a.m. near mile marker 3 in Haywood County. The debris pile is 100 feet long and 50 feet wide, reported WBIR-TV in Knoxville, Tenn.

A detour has been set up. Motorists traveling west to Tennessee should take I-40 West to I-240 West in Asheville to I-26 West. Follow I-26 West from Asheville to I-81 South in Tennessee, back to I-40. Eastbound motorists will follow the reverse directions.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?