Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu deconner position  

Author Topic: deconner position  (Read 12444 times)

Offline iiiisx349

• Moderate User
  • i love fishing
deconner position
« on: Oct 28, 2009, 05:12 »
before i put in my resume yet 1 more time i would like to know if after 10 years getting into deconners job is like it was back then..on job training mostly or do you need to take a test like the hp people do.i dont wanna get in for a decon job and then when i go have to go thru big tests that i probably wont pass    not drug tests and such just regular like math tests stuff like that  i used to be decon and for a while i was a jr. tech but i figure i will have to start over again

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: deconner position
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2009, 07:55 »
These tests have not changed.  Just general employee training.

atomicarcheologist

« Reply #2 on: Oct 30, 2009, 12:34 »
I would try for a Jr HP slot.  When talking with the recruiter, let them know that you have some trepidation regarding the testing and discuss a fall back plan into the deconner slot.  If you can get that agreement, it would be better for restarting your career.  If you can't get that, go for the decon job.  However, you should have this type of talk to open up your goal of getting back into HP.  It takes way too long to rise through the ranks as it is, you do not want to start over if you can help it.

Offline iiiisx349

• Moderate User
  • i love fishing
« Reply #3 on: Oct 30, 2009, 11:51 »
good thought A A

Chimera

« Reply #4 on: Oct 31, 2009, 12:07 »
If math is your biggest problem, review the first two lessons for the DOE Core exam.  They cover basic math up through the simple algebra and logs you will need for the Nuclear Fundamentals exam.  The DOE lessons are a good review for the NFU exam since DOE tends to stress the math a little more.  Once you're a little more comfortable with the math, review the other NFU lessons to get ready for the answers on that exam.  If you decide to start with a decon slot, ask one of the sharper Sr. Techs to help you get ready for the exam.  It's a great way for them to get ready, too.

Offline iiiisx349

• Moderate User
  • i love fishing
« Reply #5 on: Oct 31, 2009, 10:02 »
ya good thought but i was married to a sr. hp and he never could help me   LOL

Chimera

« Reply #6 on: Nov 01, 2009, 12:55 »
ya good thought but i was married to a sr. hp and he never could help me   LOL

Always remember: the mechanic's car is the last one fixed and the plumber's pipes are the last ones to be repaired.  Don't ask your husband - the two of you are too close for a proper fostering relationship.  Get one of the other seniors to help you.  There once was a Jr. Tech/Deconner I've worked with who's husband is one of the sharpest techs I've ever worked with.  But he couldn't teach her and she wouldn't listen to him as a teacher.  So, avoid that problem and get one of the sharper non-related techs to help get you up on the step for the exam.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 01, 2009, 08:01 »
My experience with trying to teach a wife or significant other is that they believe they are in charge and tend not to listen. Best to let them get training elsewhere and just answer questions when they ask, like a good little boy.  :)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?