Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu what are the odds i don't get in at all?! honeypot

Author Topic: what are the odds i don't get in at all?!  (Read 2574 times)

lightkeeper

what are the odds i don't get in at all?!
« on: Oct 28, 2009, 09:51 »
So here's my deal.

I originally wanted to just be a reservist. 

I got a 93 on my asvab and an NC1 started giving me the song and dance for the nuke program and i bit.  I started researching what i'd done and found this site more than extremely helpful for me.  I now know i desperately want to be a nuke. 

I've had three law violation waivers (speeding ticket from two years ago, stop sign+failure to yeild in one accident i had when i was 16, ) a name change waiver, and a D in 10th grade algebra waiver.  I've been waiting two months since i depped in as SEC (not what i want to be at all)to find out when i can reclass and ship out as NF.  I got a date for ship out two days ago (SWEET!)but one of my waivers was disapproved (bummer...) and now i have to take the NAPT and get a new ship date assuming i can get a 55 on it. 

my other problem is that i turn 25 in january (a disqualifying factor unless i get ANOTHER waiver)and i just want to get started.

any body have similar frustrations or are you going to redirect me to the waivers thread?

co60slr

Re: what are the odds i don't get in at all?!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2009, 07:05 »
any body have similar frustrations or are you going to redirect me to the waivers thread?
Yes, you can do research through various forum threads on this complicated topic, but the bottom line that you'll quickly find is that all waivers and recruit's enlistment packages are unique and are "case by case".   Even if you find someone that has the same exact set of circumstances (e.g., same issues, pending waivers), there isn't a secret magic equation that someone is going to share.   

So, going to another thread is helpful to see the fight that you're facing.  However, given your apparent motivation and research to date, it sound like you know what you're against and are ready to fight for what you want?  Will you win?  There's more to your pending enlistment than a few paragraphs on NukeWorker.   Your most promising attribute again, seems to be your open honesty and your motivation.

What have you done to improve your math knowledge?   Ok, so you had a "D"...that was then, and today is a new day.   So, if you're at MEPS standing in front of the XO and he asks that question...do you have a good answer?   You sure need to know basic algebra.   Getting a waiver doesn't seem to be the issue....it's have you done anything to "fix" that issue.

Good Luck!

Co60

Samabby

« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2009, 08:59 »
70-30 in your favor. Hang in there! 8)

lightkeeper

« Reply #3 on: Oct 29, 2009, 10:42 »
thanks for the input!  I have been brushing up on my algebra and physics terms,  so im hoping it'll all be good when i come out the other end of all this.

Thanks again for the encouragement!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?