Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Which plant has the longest walk from the contractor parking lot? honeypot

Author Topic: Which plant has the longest walk from the contractor parking lot?  (Read 31473 times)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Songs just gave Bartlett and El Camino parking stickers. Otherwise we were not considered Critical Workers.
We parked in a dirt parking lot down at the MESA.

Just watch out for the mountain lions that stalk lone pedestrians there on the Mesa.

http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/8ed8f/b8705/8/   mid-page

vikingfan

having just spent 2 months out in the desert my vote goes to Palo Verde.

atomicarcheologist

Any parking spot greater than three minutes, for daylight shift, is too far.   ;)

Content1

Limerick is famous for the long walks and excessive expectations.   I remember once I parked far away from the famous "cardiac hill" and then came to a nice long line to get in through security.   After that you found there were "co-ed" dressing areas and then after that I walked all the way across the plant to get to my work site.   I asked my supervisor, after describing my trek and he even admitted, "Well, when you put it that way, get here as fast as you can."   I also remember Limerick is famous for giving out "Institutional grade" hot dogs (same as used in prisons).   But that walk back up the steep hill with a bone-chilling wind opposing you the whole way up reminded me of a icy version of the "Bataan Death march."  I would give them the "King of worker unfriendly" award.

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
Browns Ferry has quite a trek from the cooling towers.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

mostlyharmless

Diablo canyon, the plant was like a mirage in the distance. I believe they had a small airplane shuttle to get you to the gate.

Dwayne

Last outage at CR-3..had to be bussed 3 miles from a cow Pasteur...got 1/2 hr. pay for the bus ride...
D.C. Cook has to be right up there for the longest...worst

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
Last outage at CR-3..had to be bussed 3 miles from a cow Pasteur...got 1/2 hr. pay for the bus ride...
D.C. Cook has to be right up there for the longest...worst

Was the cow's name Louis?
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Mike_Koehler

• Heavy User
  • I love nukeworker.com!!!!
Was the cow's name Louis?

Ouch, This came at me waaayyy too early. Coffee out the nose hurts at 6:30 am
+K
Mike
"Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented
  immigrant" is like calling a drug
  dealer an "unlicensed Pharmacist."
unknown
"If you seal the borders and you stop giving federal benefits to people who are in the country illegally... many of them will simply go home."
Lou Barletta, Mayor of Hazelton, Pa.

Rob143

My vote goes to the new contractor lot at Quad Cities with a second to the field across Route 9 from Oyster Creek.

I don't recall the walk at Limerick being terribly long but I haven't been there since 9/11 either.  I do of course recall the flying ice balls off the cooling towers near the top of Cardiac Hill.

Drifter76

...SONGS is a bitch...as well as Perry and Besse. 

Sun Dog

...SONGS is a bitch...

If SONGS is a bitch for the rats, it must be a bitch for the mice too, because, according to the expert there is only one flavor, and that is vanilla...

Actually San Onofre does not have a contractor parking lot.  Parking has always just been open to all. 

Offline Mike_Koehler

• Heavy User
  • I love nukeworker.com!!!!
...SONGS is a bitch 

Only when your going home...... Going to work isn't too bad (Gravity works)

Mike
"Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented
  immigrant" is like calling a drug
  dealer an "unlicensed Pharmacist."
unknown
"If you seal the borders and you stop giving federal benefits to people who are in the country illegally... many of them will simply go home."
Lou Barletta, Mayor of Hazelton, Pa.

ohio_goonie

The worst walk for me used to be Perry in Ohio hands down. The old dirt contractor lot before they did the upgrade was horrendous. especially when you add the cold wind blowing off the lake. It was tough.

The walk at TMI used to be great when you could ride the bikes in and out. When i was there for the SGR it wasnt bad cause they had shuttles. I would think walking that one every day would be pretty bad too.

yarddog

I would say either Diablo Canyon or more recently Monticello with their new contractor parking lot.

Sub zero temps make the walk at Monti far worse than Diablo.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?