Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu DOE positions

Author Topic: DOE positions  (Read 5600 times)

neutronjack

DOE positions
« on: Oct 30, 2009, 12:32 »
I'm looking to obtain a DOE position; however, things seem to be slow.....  Is this just me or is anyone else experiencing a hiring slowdown for DOE sites?

Offline Shawnee Man

• Moderate User
Re: DOE positions
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2009, 02:16 »
It could be a couple of issues:

1) Depending on the site and type of work, the fall could be a slow time for them.

2) Not knowing your background, training expectations for DOE (10CFR835) is a lot more intensive than commercial. If someone has never been in that program, they are more likely to take someone who has (returnee).

3) The budgets for DOE are usually approved and released in October, so this could be a lag time between approval and funds reaching the different projects.

I hope this helps your understanding.

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2009, 11:15 »
Just a question, I applied for a couple DOE jobs from the ORNL website.  Was wondering if giving HR a call might help any to speed things up or will it be like honey on a cold day, sssssllllllooooooowwwwwww to get a response?

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #3 on: Nov 08, 2009, 09:42 »
I have applied for several positions there over the past few years and never get a response. From talking to some insiders there most of the positions are filled from within but they are required by law to post them publicly. Best way to get in is to go as a contractor and maybe work your way in. i worked there for a couple of years on the BNFL project when pay was decent but now they are way behind other DOE sites in wages for RCT's.
« Last Edit: Nov 08, 2009, 09:43 by Carolina Jethro »

Offline USMCRADCON

• Light User
  • Will train for spare change
« Reply #4 on: Nov 10, 2009, 01:36 »
It just depends on whom you are working for... ;D
"Welcome to the show, you are now officially one of Jerry's Kids"

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?