Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Interview with Bechtel Bettis
honeypot

Author Topic: Interview with Bechtel Bettis  (Read 16335 times)

jen56

Interview with Bechtel Bettis
« on: Mar 18, 2005, 08:41 »
Whew! I got an interview with Bechtel Bettis for a health physics position. Any tips, suggestions, or comments?

I've been filling out the application and security clearance paperwork.  Whoa, what a nightmare!   ;) Especially listing all of my activities since high school.  It took me an hour or so last night to remember my summer job after I graduated high school and that was only 11 years ago!
TIA,
Jennifer

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Re: Interview with Bechtel Bettis
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2005, 02:07 »
this will be for a radcont tech position.  similar to hp but not quite the same.  this is a doe/dod facility, so the paperwork you submit will be used for a q clearance.  bettis in the past has required the contract techs to take the site test, which is actually a test to become naval shipyards qualified as radcon, article 108.  usually the contract companies have required techs to take the article 107 1st, the "deconners" test.  that place runs on tests, paperwork, meetings, and other such activity.  hava good.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2005, 05:42 »
This new learning amazes me, Sir Slogo. Explain again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes,.... :P and karma,..heheheheh

1) inflate sheeps bladder  2) wrap around earth  3)ignore gases emitting while quake passes unnoticed 4) repeat as needed.

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2005, 07:26 »
Jen56...did you get the info you desired? Not sure what you were looking for but if you have some specific questions I would be glad to try and answer them. Slo, gave you some insight to what type of quals they are looking for if you understand the lingo...do you? If not ask and we can provide some more in depth answers. As far as the security questions (Q clearance) do NOT try to hide anything from them, be honest about your past, whatever it may be. Usually with article 108 quals there is a written and oral board before final qualification as an RCT. Good Luck! ;)
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

jen56

« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2005, 03:09 »
Actually, I should have put health physicist in my original post.  (the job posting includes performing bioassays and researching previous exposure histories, so I'm pretty sure it's not a deconner position)

Thanks for the heads up on the Q clearance.  I had originally filled out my paperwork only back 7 years, but for Q clearance I needed to go back 10, so I did that.

I guess I was wondering if anyone had any experience interviewing with bechtel bettis and what I can expect?  and is it a good sign that they are having me fill out all of this paperwork before the interview? 

Thanks again!
Jennifer

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #5 on: Mar 23, 2005, 05:30 »
jen56, although i do not have personal experience interviewing with bechtel bettis it is de riguer to have the paperwork filled out prior to the next step in the interview/hire process.   i don't think that filling out the paperwork should be construed as a positive in the process, merely another step taken by you, them, and the site.   

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 23, 2005, 05:39 »
SloGlo!

What happened, man... swallow a dictionary? I understood every word you said... er, typed. I am in shock!

BTW, it's de rigueur. but I am still impressed.  ;D

I know, I am a smarta$$... I can't help it.
« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2005, 05:40 by RDTroja »
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #7 on: Mar 25, 2005, 12:22 »
BTW, it's de rigueur.
it's a problem eye have developed.  it seems that my brain gets hijaqued every now 'n then 'n alla dis proper anglish pours out thru ma fingarz.  eye yam makeen avary attempt eye kin t'ink ov two overryde, butt knot alwaze bean succesful.

jen56, isn't bioassay a decon from a different approach?  jist kiddeen! ;)

stownsend

« Reply #8 on: Jul 14, 2005, 02:36 »
Jen
Performing bioassay's and researching past exposure histories deals with Personnel Monitoring/Dosimetry.Bioassay's are whole body counts and other methods. They will teach you to take chain of custody before having analysis done on or sending offsite for analysis.Either way they are looking for internal deposits of radioactive material.Past exposure histories deal with getting lifetime exposure on each employee.New rules dictate only needing the current year to issue a badge but an attempt must be made to compile a complete history.We use to have to carry endless amount of paper with us to each site(god forbid if you lost one) so we could be assigned the full 3R/quarter.It much easier now that they upgraded from the Tandy 1000.

halflifer

« Reply #9 on: Jul 14, 2005, 08:24 »

BTW, it's de rigueur. but I am still impressed.  ;D

I know, I am a smarta$$... I can't help it.

don't worry about the smarta** thing, RD. It beats being a dumba**.
and that word you corrected d'Glo on is French and the only thing French that Glo does is...... well, you know ;)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?