Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Question about Exelon's supervisory assessment for SRO honeypot

Author Topic: Question about Exelon's supervisory assessment for SRO  (Read 13352 times)

patrickbrownmba

Has anyone taken Exelon's Supervisory Assessment when interviewing for an SRO position?  I am interested in any input anyone has regarding the process and types of questions they will ask.  Thanks! :)

JustinHEMI05

Re: Question about Exelon's supervisory assessment for SRO
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2009, 09:35 »
Yes I have been through it. We were instructed not to share too many details about the assessment itself, but I can tell you that unless you are a complete tool in regards to human interaction and organizational skills, its nothing to sweat. In fact, its quite fun and eye opening. There aren't questions per se, but rather a bunch of scenarios. You will barely have time to get everything done, so as long as you are good at managing your time and are able to work a schedule to completion, you will be fine. Because you barely have a free minute, it goes by real fast and before you know it, its over.

Good luck and keep us posted!

patrickbrownmba

« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2009, 10:05 »
Thanks for the reply, is it a written test or with "live" interviewers?

co60slr

« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2009, 10:45 »
Thanks for the reply, is it a written test or with "live" interviewers?
Yes.  You spend a "day in the life of a First-Line supervisor" going through various supervisory scenarios.  A lot of written material and several "live" interviews/scenarios.  The FLS Assessment is not just for SROs...anyone internal or external seeking a supervisory position at Exelon.

If you have supervisory experience and approach it from an energetic and "roll up your sleeves" aspect and have fun, then you'll do fine. 

Overall, the day was a very positive experience at Exelon HQ.

Co60

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #4 on: Nov 20, 2009, 11:32 »
Yup +1 to what Co60 said. It was pretty fun when it was all said and done.

Justin

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: Nov 20, 2009, 02:01 »
Just to remember to act professional at all times.  They will be watching you even when it is "break" time.  Good luck.
LM

patrickbrownmba

« Reply #6 on: Nov 20, 2009, 02:43 »
Thanks to everyone, exactly the type of info I was looking for ;D

co60slr

« Reply #7 on: Nov 21, 2009, 07:19 »
Yup +1 to what Co60 said. It was pretty fun when it was all said and done.

Justin
Separately, I don't remember them taking off points for spelling errors throughout your volumes of written work though.  The HR Reps at Exelon must not be keeping up with the Nukeworker Forum Standards.   :P  Since I personally didn't have MS Word spell checker available or a dictionary on hand, I'm certain my results weren't based on some uncanny spelling ability.  I guess one could "phone a friend" though on a break:  "Hey Justin, I'm at Exelon HQ...how do you spell 'effective delayed neutron precursor decay constant'?"  :D

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #8 on: Nov 21, 2009, 12:28 »
Yes and they must not take off points for writing neatness. :) I have the worse hand writing ever, but I still had my...oh what did they call them... adviser? Well she called me about 6 months later and ask if she could use my case as part of her doctoral thesis in human psychology! So, either I did really well or really bad, either way she wanted to talk about it LMAO.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?