News and Discussions > Nuke News

TMI Incident

(1/12) > >>

zer0onyx:
Im here at TMI on Outage Coverage for the T1R18 Outage. Yesterday I was watching at they were getting ready to remove the first steam generator. They started removing it, then took it back in and pulled the tarp over the hole cut into containment. I thought nothing of it til this morning when I was watching the news.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=7131935

JsonD13:
Mutant,
     +K to you.  There is absolutely no need to add to possible fears of anyone until that station figures out the extent of damage.  If you read into the article it says that 20 people were treated for exposure.  That would tend to imply that they recieved exposures bad enough to warrant medical attention.  However, these people probably were only contaminated and just needed to take a shower.

Jason

zer0onyx:
Sorry. You are right I should change that.

RRhoads:
Not defend the media, but perhaps TMI/Exelon should be more careful about what THEY put out to the media & how THEY handle jobs going on in Containment.
While i totally agree about the significance of the "incident" (minor to nil at best)
however, if anybody should know how to deal with Media issues it should be TMI and they should be the most sensitive to their neighbors!
Everybody in this business is fully awear of Exelon's "reputation" as well as SGT's when it comes to "getting things done". The worst HP experiences on SG replacements happened to me while SGT was there and talking to other HP's seems to be the norm & not the exception.

RRhoads:
Nope sure dont have any info on that but just making a general statement about SGT. Perhaps you should start another topic about SGT if you are so inclined!.
Seems you may be too close to the situation to make an unbiased statement.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version