Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Napt test info.

Author Topic: Napt test info.  (Read 12398 times)

agnostic79

Napt test info.
« on: Dec 01, 2009, 11:52 »
Hello everyone.  I am taking the napt test next monday.  I know there is math physics and chemistry on it but thoe are very broad fields.  If anyone else has taken the test somewhat recently can you please give me advice on what exactly to study or what the meat of the test consists of.  Thank you.

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
Re: Napt test info.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2009, 12:15 »
Hello everyone.  I am taking the napt test next monday.  I know there is math physics and chemistry on it but thoe are very broad fields.  If anyone else has taken the test somewhat recently can you please give me advice on what exactly to study or what the meat of the test consists of.  Thank you.

The search function yielded:
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,6442.0.html

If you are just now looking for study materials, I would suggest prayer... :D
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2009, 12:21 »

Apparently you didn't look at his username...
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2009, 01:32 »
Apparently you didn't look at his username...

somebody really needs to design a sarcasm smiley..... ::)
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

agnostic79

« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2009, 03:57 »

You'd be surprised what can be accomplished in a week if you're determined enough.  Already covered a semester of high school math in the past 2 days.  Stuff I haven't done in years.  As long as I know what's on there, I'll be ready in time.  Thanks for the link. 

Donovan1687

« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2009, 04:21 »
I took the NAPT in June, and its not anything to be scared of.  I hadn't taken a math class in a couple of years, and I was given little time to study (My recruiters told me the day of the test that I had to take it, which was somewhat frustrating.), but I had enough time to look over some basic principles of chemistry and physics, and that helped me quite a bit.  

The test I took was multiple choice, which I've always felt tests your reasoning skills more than your actual knowledge. The math wasn't hard, but there is some you may not know how to do. Answering wrong doesn't count against your score and if you're able to count out a couple of answers you have a good chance of getting it right.

I got a 68 out of 80, which isn't amazing, but it's quite a bit above what I needed. My score was largely a reflection of my reasoning skills rather than my knowledge. Like I said earlier, it would be a good idea to look into the basic principles of chemistry and physics if you don't already know them. Also, try to brush up on some basic algebraic principles. There is some higher math, but knowing the basics will get you through.

Good luck!

agnostic79

« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2009, 04:45 »
I took the NAPT in June, and its not anything to be scared of.  I hadn't taken a math class in a couple of years, and I was given little time to study (My recruiters told me the day of the test that I had to take it, which was somewhat frustrating.), but I had enough time to look over some basic principles of chemistry and physics, and that helped me quite a bit.  

The test I took was multiple choice, which I've always felt tests your reasoning skills more than your actual knowledge. The math wasn't hard, but there is some you may not know how to do. Answering wrong doesn't count against your score and if you're able to count out a couple of answers you have a good chance of getting it right.

I got a 68 out of 80, which isn't amazing, but it's quite a bit above what I needed. My score was largely a reflection of my reasoning skills rather than my knowledge. Like I said earlier, it would be a good idea to look into the basic principles of chemistry and physics if you don't already know them. Also, try to brush up on some basic algebraic principles. There is some higher math, but knowing the basics will get you through.

Good luck!

Thanks man.  I too have exceptional reasoning ability and excel at multiple choice tests even if I'm unprepared, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.  Got a 92 on the ASVAB and 251 combined score for nuke.  Needed 252 to auto-qualify.  Just don't want to miss the boat by a narrow margin again lol

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?