Career Path > DOE

DOE Core fundamentals exam

<< < (2/4) > >>

REllis:
Yes they do test all of that information. Not only that the hanford core test seems to be harder than most. My daughter is in the current class training for the site specific. When she took it she was one of 9 out of 36 that passed on the day she took it. Only 11 out of 42 passed on the second day. They had to allow retakes to fill the available positions. If your "class' is the one for Jan. that will be the third class. After passing the core and selection process they will train you for the site specific. During training they give test on the various sections of the site specific and if you get >80% on all those you don't have to take the full monty at the end. Good Luck.

ld5030:
Thank you everyone.

I feel that after reading these posts I am now prepared to take the DOE core exam. I wouldn't have been able or prepared to do this without all the information and comments above and to the point discussion concerning the exam. I just hope others have gleamed as much as I did from this lively discussion relating to the CORE test.

Best wishes and again thanks. I will let you all know how I did. :D

The CORE exam is what this discussion is about...isn't it? I wasn't alway 1,000,000% sure at times ;)

For those who are interested in the CORE exam, Shawnee offers it online for $100 and can be proctored by a NRRPT current qualified person. Sorry to get off subject.....

Nuclear NASCAR:

--- Quote from: ld5030 on Feb 20, 2010, 05:10 ---Thank you everyone.

I feel that after reading these posts I am now prepared to take the DOE core exam. I wouldn't have been able or prepared to do this without all the information and comments above and to the point discussion concerning the exam. I just hope others have gleamed as much as I did from this lively discussion relating to the CORE test.

Best wishes and again thanks. I will let you all know how I did. :D

The CORE exam is what this discussion is about...isn't it? I wasn't alway 1,000,000% sure at times ;)

For those who are interested in the CORE exam, Shawnee offers it online for $100 and can be proctored by a NRRPT current qualified person. Sorry to get off subject.....

--- End quote ---

Thank You for steering it back onto the subject and for letting us know how you do on it.  Best of luck.

ld5030:
You are welcome my friend... :)

I am sure others have gone to this topic hoping to find some help with the CORE exam and wondered as I did "what the hell is going on!" If that is the case and some have returned let us know how we can help. There is I am sure a couple of hundred years experience with some of the posters here that I hope you can gleam from.

As mentioned before Shawnee does offer an on line test, I was mistaken that it is not $100 but $125 and can be arranged on their website. You must have a proctor approved by them who must be a CHP or current good standing NRRPT member.

I had a friend who just took it and made a 89%. He studied the "cliff notes" short document that can be found on Shawnee's website in addition to the CORE quiz on Nukeworker. Bartlett has some study guides that you can download on their site which may be helpful also.

For you who are trying to break into the industry there is still  the good ole boy hidden policy in force at many places. If you are related to someone you can skip the decon position and head straight for Jr. HP. Is this unfair....well...like it or not it is fact at many places.

For the newcomers or hopefuls check out Bartlett's site again and they have a lesson how to read a rad meter. This might sound silly to some of us ole timers but I have seen on more than one occasion a "ANSI 3.1" who had a hard time converting cpm to dpm on a L-177. FACT!

I will try to post some good links soon that may be helpful to newcomers as well as some of us old dogs.  Best wishes and good luck to all. LD

Content1:
If you study the nukeworker material and practice tests you will pass.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version