Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu nsu v-neck

Author Topic: nsu v-neck  (Read 17354 times)

JJohnson1989

nsu v-neck
« on: Dec 14, 2009, 12:09 »
Quick question; I picked up the V-neck, how do the cuffs go straight out or folded over itself?

withroaj

Re: nsu v-neck
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2009, 04:29 »
If I remember correctly, our fancy new uniforms are still covered by NAVADMIN and are not incorporated into Uniform Regs yet, but...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=navy+service+uniform+wear+guide

Off topic: the term "Ship Mate" has now officially been phased out by our United States Navy.  The new term is "Sea Warrior."  I'm nowhere close to kidding.  For the record I have not yet seen a topsider "Sea Warrior" someone for having their hands in their pockets, or cordially refer to one of their pals as "Sea Warrior."
« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2009, 04:38 by withroaj »

Maziwrath

« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2009, 04:45 »
If I remember correctly, our fancy new uniforms are still covered by NAVADMIN and are not incorporated into Uniform Regs yet, but...

Off topic: the term "Ship Mate" has now officially been phased out by our United States Navy.  The new term is "Sea Warrior."  I'm nowhere close to kidding.  For the record I have not yet seen a topsider "Sea Warrior" someone for having their hands in their pockets, or cordially refer to one of their pals as "Sea Warrior."

Us at NNPTC have been known to throw it out there at fellow classmates. Except, we use it to mean something worse than shipmate. Shipmate we use pretty sarcastically, but it takes something special to illicit calling someone a "sea warrior".

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2009, 05:40 »
or just ask these fellow shipmates from 2006...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/100/289326990_928b207f97_o.jpg

to see where the Pentagon panda-huggers got the idea of what is fashionable for shipmates  Sea Comrades  "Sea Warriors" to wear...
« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2009, 12:06 by HydroDave63 »

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2009, 07:15 »

Reminds me of my second tour at NNPTC when we were briefed to stop calling the nuclear power program candidates in training "students" because it was demeaning.  We were to call them "Sailors" so they felt like part of "the team".  Never caught on with most of us.
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

withroaj

« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2009, 07:26 »
Reminds me of my second tour at NNPTC when we were briefed to stop calling the nuclear power program candidates in training "students" because it was demeaning.  We were to call them "Sailors" so they felt like part of "the team".  Never caught on with most of us.

For some odd reason I felt like a student while sitting in the classroom 10 hours a day.  Not having set foot on a commissioned U.S. Navy vessel the term 'Sailor' might have just confused me at the time (though NNPTC did a good job of enforcing/reinforcing the 'Sailor' obligations of us young'uns).

TWO tours, eh?  I'm working to go there next.  From where I stand now I think I'll enjoy it.

...And here's the mystery answer to the quiz above:

Sea Warrior
« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2009, 07:28 by withroaj »

RBPD

« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2009, 07:39 »
And my recruiter is no longer a recruiter, but a recruiting warrior. Its true.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2009, 07:46 »
I am sorry that I have nothing of value to contribute to this thread except...

LMFAO  8)

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #8 on: Dec 14, 2009, 09:38 »
SEA WARRIOR!!!!!!
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #9 on: Dec 14, 2009, 10:39 »
Color me....Sea Envious!

Offline Adam Grundleger

• Moderate User
« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2009, 07:30 »
Just got my letter (two months late) informing me that my IRR time is up and I'm officially Honorably Discharged. 

Sea Warrior my a**.  Who do they think they're fooling with that bs anyway?  If it were up to me, the Navy would be back to dungarees and dixie cups.  If I were still in  I'd be embarassed to wear that idiotic uniform.  It looks like something the extras wore in Street Fighter.  I hope this goes the way of the "salt and peppers" of the '70s.

Good luck to all of you still serving.  Stay safe and thank you.

withroaj

« Reply #11 on: Dec 15, 2009, 08:16 »
...If I were still in  I'd be embarassed to wear that idiotic uniform.  It looks like something the extras wore in Street Fighter.  I hope this goes the way of the "salt and peppers" of the '70s.

It's not too bad as an in-port uniform.  The where-to-wear requirements are significantly less restrictive than the ones for utilities (you can even get a cheeseburger in uniform between 6am and 6pm now -- if that's your thing). 

It's more comfortable than a poopie suit (except on a hot day or in the propulsion plant with steam -- the pants are not exactly breathable, you can see where that would go...), in that you can raise your arms above your head without giving yourself a power wedgie.  In addition to comfort, aside from the color of the uniform coming straight out of a mid-nineties rap video, it looks like a military uniform instead of Andy Kaufman on Taxi.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #12 on: Dec 15, 2009, 11:59 »
Is it too late for me to be a sea warrior?  8)

RadicalBacon

« Reply #13 on: Dec 18, 2009, 08:42 »
Sweet Flying Spaghetti Monster, I started that sea warrior sh!t back in... April of 08. And someone took it seriously? LMFAO.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #14 on: Dec 18, 2009, 10:03 »
Sweet Flying Spaghetti Monster, I started that sea warrior sh!t back in... April of 08. And someone took it seriously? LMFAO.

Highly unlikely that it was originated by one nub in pipeline hold. It isn't all about you....

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #15 on: Mar 08, 2010, 03:42 »
Answer: they'll all be found on an SSGN near you by 2015!  >:(

shocker

« Reply #16 on: Mar 09, 2010, 03:06 »
Utility and plausability aside the blue digital camo comes out looking pretty nice.  Sea Warrior - not so sure how that fits me with a sibling and her husband on patrol in Afghanistan.  Think I'd rather stick with ship mate...

Zunyr

« Reply #17 on: Mar 31, 2010, 08:03 »
Reminds me of my second tour at NNPTC when we were briefed to stop calling the nuclear power program candidates in training "students" because it was demeaning.  We were to call them "Sailors" so they felt like part of "the team".  Never caught on with most of us.

We're not allowed to call em "u/i" anymore at prototype, have to sign them into logs as student.  And over instruct is gone as well.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?