Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu SRO questions
honeypot

Author Topic: SRO questions  (Read 28034 times)

Offline HousePuke

• ALARA Coordinator / Rad Engineer
  • Heavy User
  • If you don't like it here, go somewhere else!
Re: SRO questions
« Reply #25 on: Mar 10, 2010, 06:35 »
" If he's awesome like me he'll do it in 15 months but I doubt being a T Baller he'd be capable of that."

I hope when I "grow up" I can be as awesome as you.  Please, lay off the ego.

Irish diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell such that he looks forward to making the trip.

Inspite of inflation, a penny is still a fair price for most peoples thoughts.

Fermi2

« Reply #26 on: Mar 10, 2010, 06:39 »
" If he's awesome like me he'll do it in 15 months but I doubt being a T Baller he'd be capable of that."

I hope when I "grow up" I can be as awesome as you.  Please, lay off the ego.

Son, it's not ego if you can back it up.

ragnar

« Reply #27 on: Mar 10, 2010, 07:10 »
Please understand, if he chooses commercial nuke he'll be at least as "married" to his job than he is to you or was in the navy (other than sea duty).  The commercial nuke world is like an addiction to a bad drug in that the money is pretty good, but the demands on your personal life are completely out of control.
If you (or he) think commercial nuke will be a great life, please consider what constitutes "great".

Oh, believe me, it has to be great compared to the daily, if not hourly, b.s. this "New Navy" hands out.  Frankly, after so many underways our relationship runs better with limited face-time, so he can slap a ring on his job and things will be just fine.

Offline Harley Rider

• Moderate User
« Reply #28 on: Mar 10, 2010, 07:14 »
Just following up on this.  Husband was hired as Senior Ops Trainer w/very good salary & relocation.  Guess he's going to milking the system, huh?

Thanks to everyone that was helpful. 

This is great news,,,good luck to you and your family!!
Despite inflation, a penny is still a fair price for the thoughts of many people

Nuclear Renaissance

« Reply #29 on: Mar 11, 2010, 06:28 »

Yes, it still is.

I have come to know many other very talented shift managers out there; their difference from you is that they do not have the time or ego to enflame an internet thread two or three times a week.

Your posts have been helpful in the past - to myself included - but though these recent type of responses may entertain a handful of regulars, I can't see it being good for the growth of the board.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #30 on: Mar 11, 2010, 12:08 »

BS.

It isn't lying if you can back it up... it is still a gigantic, out of control ego if you have to talk about it.

People that really are good don't say so. People that have to keep repeating it have problems. Figure out which category you are putting yourself in.

I know HousePuke and I am pretty damned sure he isn't your son. In fact I would guess he is about your age (older based on your respective posts.) Calling him 'son' is just another derogatory way of making yourself feel superior.
« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2010, 01:14 by Nuclear NASCAR »
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #31 on: Mar 11, 2010, 03:07 »
BZ just hasn't read "I'm OK you're OK" the layman's guide to psychology.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #32 on: Mar 11, 2010, 03:39 »
Just following up on this.  Husband was hired as Senior Ops Trainer w/very good salary & relocation.  Guess he's going to milking the system, huh?

Thanks to everyone that was helpful. 

We haven't forgotten you, good luck to you and your husband. Not all of us want the "Golden Handcuffs" and it is more important to find your own level of comfort and balance between life and work. Work is life for some, very dull boorish people in general.

Be excellent to each other....   Bill and Ted

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #33 on: Mar 11, 2010, 07:05 »
Be excellent to each other....   Bill and Ted

:) Classic :)
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Offline Harley Rider

• Moderate User
« Reply #34 on: Mar 12, 2010, 09:09 »
Yes, it still is.

I have come to know many other very talented shift managers out there; their difference from you is that they do not have the time or ego to enflame an internet thread two or three times a week.

Your posts have been helpful in the past - to myself included - but though these recent type of responses may entertain a handful of regulars, I can't see it being good for the growth of the board.

BZ motivates me to do better. His breadth of experience, lack of faith in the "Instant / Direct" SRO program, solid advice and saying that statistically I can't do it has pushed me harder and stronger to accomplish what I set out to do,,,what I was hired to do, and to prove him wrong. BZ wants us to prove him wrong. That's something many of you fail to realize. Read between the lines my friends,,,lot of info there,,, Peace
Despite inflation, a penny is still a fair price for the thoughts of many people

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?