Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Brad Brown honeypot

Author Topic: Brad Brown  (Read 29795 times)

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Brad Brown
« on: Dec 24, 2009, 03:02 »
Sadly, my brother Brad Brown died this morning at his home in Barnwell, SC. Brad had been sick recently and it is believed that he suffered a massive heart attack. Funeral plans will be announced later.

Mole Funeral home in Barnwell, SC will be handling the arrangements.

On a personal note, I'd like to say that Brad was the very best baby brother a girl could ever ask for; there when I needed him but just enough of a pest to make life exciting. I will miss him so very much.

Camella

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
Re: Brad Brown
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2009, 03:30 »
Camella,

I'm soooo sorry to hear this.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Jim and Lorrie

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2009, 04:27 »
My condolences to you and your entire family.You are in my prayers.
Call Before You Dig!

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2009, 04:49 »
My condolences to you and your family Camella. You will all be in our prayers.
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 24, 2009, 05:23 »
Our prayers and thoughts are with you and yours. Very sad for something like this to happen during a holiday of joy.

diliigaf

« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2009, 05:56 »

Camella,

I am very sorry to hear this, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2009, 06:24 »
Camella,
I'm so sorry to hear this.  I'll be praying for you & yours.

God Bless,
Tom
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

longbow55

« Reply #7 on: Dec 24, 2009, 07:16 »
I am so sorry for your family's loss. Brad was always fun to be around. My wife and I shared many laughs with him, being around him was a lot of fun. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Offline meyer8906

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #8 on: Dec 24, 2009, 07:40 »
 :( It has been many year since I worked with Brad.  Our prays are with you at this time of Sorrow.

Offline hatchling2002

• Very Lite User
« Reply #9 on: Dec 24, 2009, 10:28 »
We are so sad to hear this. We have worked with Brad for years and will miss him badly. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Offline stirfry

• Moderate User
  • It's an O.K. World
« Reply #10 on: Dec 24, 2009, 10:45 »
Camella,

I am deeply saddened by the news of Brad's death.  I worked with him at CY for over a year. He was a good tech and a good friend. He will be missed. May you find the strength and faith to make it through these times of grief. You will be added to my prayer list.

FINNI
YA gotta be SOMEWHERE

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #11 on: Dec 24, 2009, 11:04 »
Thank you all for the posts and emails, they are much needed and welcomed. Brad's funeral will be held on Tuesday, December 29th at 1 pm at the Church of The Holy Apostles in Barnwell SC.

I will check in with all of ya'll later but for know I am seeking the compfort of sleep.

stewdill

« Reply #12 on: Dec 24, 2009, 11:51 »
I am very sorry to hear of Brads passing he was great fun to hang around. And grumpy as heck. But good natured grumpy. I got to work with him this fall and I am glad I got to see him before he passed. Try to have a Merry Christmas. You guys are in my thoughts. Melissa Cogdill

Offline nuke_girl

• Moderate User
« Reply #13 on: Dec 25, 2009, 12:28 »
Camella

Im so very sorry for your loss..my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Hugs,
Kathleen
It is better to light one small candle..than to curse the darkness

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
« Reply #14 on: Dec 25, 2009, 09:03 »
I'm sorry for the loss of Brad, Camella. For you, his family, and the nuke community. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Jim Parker
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

Offline incrediblehulk

• Moderate User
  • Dum vivimus, vivamus!!
« Reply #15 on: Dec 25, 2009, 09:47 »
Camella and family,

So sorry to hear of Brad's passing. Everyone who knew him will miss his wit and warmth. He brightened every place he went, and he'll brighten the place he's in now.
                                                                           -Steve Holcomb
Life is short. That is all there is to say. Get what you can from the present - thoughtfully, justly.
                               - Marcus Aurelius

Liberty is never unalienable. It must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes.
                          -R.A. Heinlein

Offline Shawnee Man

• Moderate User
« Reply #16 on: Dec 25, 2009, 10:41 »
My condolences to you and your family Camella. You will all be in our prayers.

ljeanniepc

« Reply #17 on: Dec 25, 2009, 07:44 »
Camilla & Henry,

OMG!!!!!!! So sorry to hear of Brad's passing. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Just reconnected with him a couple months ago; talking about when we were all in Maine.

Always,
Jeannie

Pronuke#1

« Reply #18 on: Dec 26, 2009, 09:40 »
It broke my heart when I got the phone call Christmas Eve about Brad's passing. I had only known Brad the past few years, but we became quick friends and coworkers. He was very good at being both. He was a sharp RP who could be counted on to do the right things. He was also not afraid to say or do the right thing when maybe it was not the easiest thing to do.
It comforts me knowing that Brad had his faith, family, friends, and work to bring him joy right up to the end.
I spoke with Brad's wife Paula this morning and they are asking that no flowers be sent to his service. Instead, an offering in Brad's name may be made to the Children's Playground Fund of the Holy Apostle Church in Barnwell, South Carolina. I know Brad would like that.

Bobby Leigh

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #19 on: Dec 26, 2009, 10:28 »
my condolences to you n your family during this difficult of times.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Jr8black3

« Reply #20 on: Dec 26, 2009, 11:57 »
Camella, Sorry for your loss, your a great person that always says the right things at the right time.. I hate it for you
Your like the MOM of this site,, I feel so bad for you..

Kevin

dymaris

« Reply #21 on: Dec 26, 2009, 12:09 »
I can't express how sad the news of Brad's passing has left me. I worked with Brad all of last year. He was outspoken, grumpy, but also kind, thoughtful and a true friend. My thoughts and prayers go to ALL of his family, personal and professional. We all loved him and we all will miss him. We have lost a true friend!

Dee 

Offline jdem60

• Very Lite User
« Reply #22 on: Dec 26, 2009, 01:44 »
Carmella,
i'm very sorry and shocked to hear of Brad passing, much too young. my thoughts to you and family .

stownsend

« Reply #23 on: Dec 26, 2009, 07:17 »
Camella and Henry
I'm so sorry to hear of Brad's passing.My prayers are with you and your family.
Steve

FatMalky

« Reply #24 on: Dec 26, 2009, 07:49 »
I was shocked when I heard on Christmas Eve that Brad had passed away.  I liked Brad a lot and we had fun "working" together.  He was extremely funny and very kind and caring.  We shared a very similar, dry sense of humour and I'll definitely miss seeing him when I'm back at Oconee.

I know Brad's family meant a lot to him so I'm very sorry for their loss.

Rest In Peace, Brad.  You'll be missed!

rjc4243

« Reply #25 on: Dec 26, 2009, 08:42 »
  Camella and Henry  sorry for the passing of Brad.

I got to see him when he came shopping to Augusta and we were keeping in touch via email.

If there is anything I can do, Henry please call.

RJ

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #26 on: Dec 26, 2009, 10:34 »
Again thank you for the outpouring of support, we have always counted on our extended family/friends to pull us through. I am reminded as I read these post and emails of a time such a short 20+ years ago when were at Millstone and our "theme" song seemed to be Ben E King's Stand By Me... so many of us have passed on since that time, never did I believe that Brad would be next... as most of you probably realize... Henry is heart broken, I met Brad through him when Brad was a senior in high school and began his first job bagging groceries. Henry was a stock boy and came by to tell Brad he had been hired, later he came for dinner and our 30 year friendship began.

Paula, his wife is heartbroken as well, its seems like just yesterday she asked me if she could marry Brad and they were married here in our home. I was so thankful that he had found love in a good woman.

We will be having visitation at our home 992 Moore Drive, Barnwell SC on Monday, December 28th, 6 to 9. Memorial services will be at Holy Apostles Tuesday, December 29th at 1 pm.

As our number is unlisted you may pm me or email me at camellablack@hotmail.com and I will send you our number or call you.

ld5030

« Reply #27 on: Dec 27, 2009, 01:36 »
Dear Camella this has been a bad years for brothers, I lost mine a few months ago suddenly. My heart and prayers go out to you dear. There is no "good" time to lose a loved one but I know it must be especially difficult during the Christmas season. God Bless you and your family during this difficult and trying time.

Remember the good times and the pain will soon begin to fade away.

LD

Offline Murphy

• Very Lite User
« Reply #28 on: Dec 27, 2009, 11:07 »
I am terribly sorry to hear about Brad's passing. I regret that my working in the north and midwest had kept us from crossing paths these many years since we last worked together.  Nonetheless, he has had a significant impact on my life, and I still have the native jewelry and drum he had shared with me. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  May your overwhelming grief be followed with the peace and comfort of knowing that Brad, now safe with his Maker, is always here with us.

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #29 on: Dec 28, 2009, 12:28 »
Camella,

I am so sorry to hear of Brad's passing. He was such a good person and a lot of fun to be around. We had many a good time in the 80's at Turkey Point. He has had quite a positive influence on a lot of folks lives through the years. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.He will be missed. Spanky McFarlin
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2009, 06:46 by Mike McFarlin »
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline johnnieslingshot

• Moderate User
  • Let's go bowl-diving
« Reply #30 on: Dec 28, 2009, 12:07 »
Camilla,

I was surprised and saddened when I heard of Brad's passing this morning at work from Gail.  I worked with brad at SRS F tank farm and then again at Portsmouth gaseous diffusion plant.  Although he was quite grumpy at times he always seemed ready to have fun after work.  I will miss his little quirky sayings.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  I will toast Brads life with a shot of Makers Mark tonight.

John Connor

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #31 on: Dec 28, 2009, 12:10 »
Camella,
            My sincerest prayers go out to you and Henry during this rough time. I was Bradley's supervisor down at the BNFL 3-Building project at Oak Ridge along with Henry. We always argued about politics and everything in general but we always knew it was in fun. Take care of yourselves and keep everything in perspective.

Dave

DosiTek

« Reply #32 on: Dec 29, 2009, 08:54 »
Camella,

Just opened Nuke Worker and (OMG!) my mouth dropped open!  So sorry to hear about Brad!  Brad was here at Portsmouth for a while and I loved working with him.  My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and friends. 

:( Kime B  :(

pappy

« Reply #33 on: Dec 29, 2009, 10:50 »
It is always sad to loose someone and especially tough during the holidays. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and for your family. Sorry for your loss.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #34 on: Dec 29, 2009, 03:41 »
Thank you all for the comments, emails and phone calls. To those that sent flowers and brought food. To those of you that traveled miles to get here, it meant a great deal to all of us as it showed us that Brad counted.

I would love to hear stories of Brad, and yes I know he wasn't a saint... like I said today... He was such a bear, grouchy and grumbly at times and warm, fuzzy and cuddly at others. I will miss him.

Camella

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #35 on: Dec 30, 2009, 12:09 »
I thought I'd post the eulogy that I gave for Brad to share with our nuke family...

First of all I’d like to say that Brad was perhaps the best little brother a girl could ever want… always there and just aggravating enough to make life fun.

Brad came into this world 9 weeks early weighing a mere 4 pounds. Although I was only 3 I remember when Momma brought him home from the  hospital because when she changed his first diaper he christened everything in range including me… needless to say I wanted her to take him back, but she didn’t and I am so glad. As he grew up and followed me around, I nicknamed him Boo Boo Bear after Yogi’s faithful friend; he called me Gert cause for some reason our dad called me that to pick on me.

Growing up, no one in our neighborhood could play “Army” better than Brad, he had the ability to make a noise that sounded just like a machine gun firing while the rest of us were left to just say “bang, bang”… later as we left childhood behind we turned to bottle rocket wars fought with friends like Pat and Steve in our front yard or even driving down the country roads of Ocala, FL… once Brad accidently lit his shirt on fire when a firecracker came back into the truck and hit the open pack in his shirt pocket.

In 1978 we left Florida behind and moved to South Carolina bringing Pat with us and settling in Barnwell. Here in Barnwell Brad and I made new friends, Kenny, Gary and Owen who was perhaps the best, best friend a guy could have. One of the greatest things Brad ever did for me was apply for a job with Big Star grocery store. One Spring day a young man knocked on our front door to tell Brad he had been hired at Big Star, later Brad brought him home for dinner and a 5 months later Frank and I were married.

I believe that one of the reasons Brad  and I remained so close is that for the past 30 years as he and Frank traveled the country (with me often with them) we roomed together. So in a since we never left home. I gladly cooked and cleaned for him and he helped raise my children who believed that the sun rose and set in their Unc.

Brad and Frank remained friends even after becoming inlaws and they were not ashamed to tell each other that they loved the other. They reminded me of Grumpy Old Men at times as they would often complain that they were kept awake at night by the other one snoring; but if you asked neither would ever admit that they even snored.

A few short years ago, my daughter Beth and I threatened to sign him up for an online dating service as we were tired of him being alone; before we could do it he came to me and said he’d done it himself and had a date that week. Brad wanted to know what he should wear and I said a pink shirt, he always looked good in pink and he wore it well… I’m glad he went on that date and that he met Paula and although they had a brief time together, he was so happy and so was I for he had found someone to love him as much as I did.

This week while looking through old photos I came across a handmade card, just a simple piece of computer paper with drawings and words that Brad wrote to me after a spat we had while working in Maine. It was a silly, dramatic but painful fight resulting in me getting out of the truck and walking away to go in the grocery store… when I came back to the truck I found this note on my seat which said “Sorry we had words, I just wanted to let you know I love you” Brad.

He was such a bear, grouchy and grumbly at times and warm, fuzzy and cuddly at others.

I’ll miss you Boo Boo, love Gert.

mostlyharmless

« Reply #36 on: Dec 31, 2009, 03:40 »
I hate it. Brad was a nice man. I had the pleasure of meeting him at srs years ago. Henry I feel for you and Carmella. I have been where you are now. Take care.  Joe

illegalsmile

« Reply #37 on: Jan 01, 2010, 07:40 »
Camella......Henry....I don't know what to say except I'm so sorry. I know I don't need to tell you how much this world has lost. I haven't seen Brad (or you) for years, but I still feel like crying.
Wayne

ageoldtech

« Reply #38 on: Jan 06, 2010, 01:39 »
Camella......Henry....sorry to hear of Brads passing, I still remember the good times we had at turkey point back in the 80's. I haven't worked with him since, but he was one of those guys you just don't forget. My sincere condolences.

Hambone

Melrose

« Reply #39 on: Jan 08, 2010, 10:39 »
We are sooooo very sorry to hear this news.  Brad and I met a few years back and became buds instantaneously.  We frequently hunted relics together, when he worked up here, he went with us to visit the inlaws for dinner on a couple of occassions.  My daughter fell head over heels for him and things he was in to.... folklore, crafts, his drums, jewelry etc.
What a shame such a great hearted person was taken from us.  Of the people we meet, he was truly GOOD people.
Those of you that knew him, I hope you feel lucky... touched, those that didn't, you've really missed out on some really nice memories filled with the gentle, loving personality of Brad 'Bear' Brown.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #40 on: Aug 25, 2010, 01:52 »
We are sooooo very sorry to hear this news.  Brad and I met a few years back and became buds instantaneously.  We frequently hunted relics together, when he worked up here, he went with us to visit the inlaws for dinner on a couple of occassions.  My daughter fell head over heels for him and things he was in to.... folklore, crafts, his drums, jewelry etc.
What a shame such a great hearted person was taken from us.  Of the people we meet, he was truly GOOD people.
Those of you that knew him, I hope you feel lucky... touched, those that didn't, you've really missed out on some really nice memories filled with the gentle, loving personality of Brad 'Bear' Brown.

Today would have been Brad's 49th birthday... thank you for this wonderful post that described my brother so very well.  To all of you I hope you remember Brad fondly and tell stories of "Bear" much like our family does of Uncle Bill Mahoney.

Although I am still sad and hurt over Brad's death I want to remember that he lived and lived well.. he was crazy and silly and loving and our world is not the same without him... but I know his is wonderful as he is with mom and dad and Jimmy.

roadhard

« Reply #41 on: Aug 25, 2010, 05:15 »
Wow. Just tuned in and found out. My condolences to you, Henry & the family Camilla.

Tom Farrell

BBB - legend of the biz. Entered the IRM rental car into a stock car race and won.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #42 on: Aug 25, 2010, 10:46 »
Wow. Just tuned in and found out. My condolences to you, Henry & the family Camilla.

Tom Farrell

BBB - legend of the biz. Entered the IRM rental car into a stock car race and won.

I remembered that night; I believe I took photos.

blackballedsnake

« Reply #43 on: Aug 25, 2010, 02:19 »
Sad news indeed...I haven't been online in months...I just noticed. All my best to Camella, Henry, and all of Heza Bear's family. He will be missed...truly.   - Mike "Snake" Shaffer.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #44 on: Dec 24, 2010, 09:27 »
It seems impossible that Brad has been gone a year... we are holding on and have come to grips with his loss but he is still missed dearly.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #45 on: Aug 24, 2011, 10:46 »
Just wanted to say thanks once again for all the love you all have sent our way. This thread reminds me that others loved Brad and felt his loss.

Tomorrow would have been Brad's 50th birthday and the next our brother Jim's 60th. I'm glad they are together but some days it gets awfully lonely without them.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?