Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NEU/NUF Test question honeypot

Author Topic: NEU/NUF Test question  (Read 5436 times)

bsullivan

NEU/NUF Test question
« on: Dec 29, 2009, 07:19 »
I moved this topic - so if it looks familiar, it is.  I am new to the forum and am getting dialed in on the best way to use it.  please be patient.

I am currently finishing up my TESC Nuclear Engineering Technology degree.  I am ex Navy, but have been out 25+ years (EM2 - NUC).  I am working on getting my currency up to move some credits over (specifically radiation interaction and safety).  I was thinking the NEU/NUF doesn't look to bad to pass for a certification to make me current.--what do you think?  Would you suggest any others?  The big questions is...Where can I take the test???

Also, I have been running a control systems integration firm for the last 17 years, with a total of 22 years in the SI business.  A lot of programming (PLC, Motion, C, C++, .net, and a plethora of GUI’s and HMI’s), also a lot of electrical/instrumentation design and fabrication.  I will be working on my PE shortly after completing the BS and passing the EIT.

I was hoping to get into the nuclear industry...any recommendations as to how, and maybe what path to consider?? 

thanks
-bob-

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: NEU/NUF Test question
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2009, 12:56 »
I moved this topic - so if it looks familiar, it is.  I am new to the forum and am getting dialed in on the best way to use it.  please be patient.

I am currently finishing up my TESC Nuclear Engineering Technology degree.  I am ex Navy, but have been out 25+ years (EM2 - NUC).  I am working on getting my currency up to move some credits over (specifically radiation interaction and safety).  I was thinking the NEU/NUF doesn't look to bad to pass for a certification to make me current.--what do you think?  Would you suggest any others?  The big questions is...Where can I take the test???

Also, I have been running a control systems integration firm for the last 17 years, with a total of 22 years in the SI business.  A lot of programming (PLC, Motion, C, C++, .net, and a plethora of GUI’s and HMI’s), also a lot of electrical/instrumentation design and fabrication.  I will be working on my PE shortly after completing the BS and passing the EIT.

I was hoping to get into the nuclear industry...any recommendations as to how, and maybe what path to consider?? 

thanks
-bob-

As a vendor, or employee? You might also look at the design engineering dept. of the utilities

bsullivan

« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2009, 02:39 »
I was thinking more towards as an employee.
Is it possible for me to take a NEU/NUF test before I begin working for a company?  If so, who would host them?

thanks

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2009, 04:07 »
check your PM box...

bsullivan

« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2009, 11:58 »
thanks HydroDave.

It gives me an idea that my past and current duties could be considered for a position with a nuclear/power company.  Much appreciated.  Currently I am in the process of finishing my schooling and wrapping things up (out here in California).  I am looking to relocate in the future and am not opposed to it (actually look forward to it).

Are there any test/licenses I can take/apply for  in the meantime?  If I can prove currency in something related to the nuclear field, it would help with 10y credit currencies.

-bob-

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?